Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Places You'll Go

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by J.Ukrop, Jul 25, 2014.

1. ezdusit

ezdusit

My '32 Plymouth roadster will head to the Hot Rod Hill Climb...

WillyKJr likes this.
  2. Fopelaez

Fopelaez

A Little OT but my mother with my uncle and grand mother drove a Brand new 72 Maverick to make a trip from Veracruz to New York, that's been my dream for ever since I was a kid. I'd drive the PU but its like pushing a brick down the highway and gas is not cheap. I'd do it when the 40 is done. Other places I'd like to go is Bonneville and Yellowstone :D

3. WillyKJr

WillyKJr
    from Blackstone

The Rodder's Journal Revival is next on the hit list. Trip from Ma to Md is not a long one but if the "short cuts" are laid out correctly it is a nice journey down and back thru the rural Northeast at a great time of year here.

4. Back in da day! I finished building my wife's 1935 Chevy two door Master Deluxe and had less than 20 test miles on it around town. When she walked into the garage and said " I'm on vacation for two weeks (hint, hint) wish I could drive MY car somewhere?" Long story short... We left the next day, drove HER car to the Rocky Mountain Nat's, Pike's Peak then over Independence Pass into Aspen Co. before heading back to the Royal Gorge, Bent's Old Fort, Dodge City, Kansas and back home to St. Louis, Mo..... All on two lane blacktop! The car never missed a beat. Don't be scared! Drive the wheels off your ride!! See the U.S.A. in your Chevrolet or what ever you build!!

Drunk Man and WillyKJr like this.
  5. Built the Tourer with the LeMans Classic 2012 in mind. Set off the day after it was finished…

[​IMG]

WillyKJr likes this.
  6. autobilly

autobilly

You'll get your kicks!:D
    It may seem passé to many of you guys, but the Mrs and I want to drive the "Mother Road" some day.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2014
  7. hudson48

hudson48

Hope to bring the Hudson over next year from Australia. Tentative plans are short stay with friends in Encinitas after car is picked up from Long Beach. Then onto Dewey OK for the Stray Kat 500 in early May , then head on to Milan Michigan for Billetproof. Haven't been to Detroit so lots to do there. Then take the Hudson to 2 Hudson
    Museums,one in Ypsilanti MI and the other one in Shipshewana Indiana. That will be interesting especially if they are purists!!!
    http://www.ypsiautoheritage.org/
    http://www.hostetlershudsons.com/index.html
    Also in here somewhere is the Gilmore Auto Museum. Then make our way back to the West Coast for the West Coast Kustoms run at Santa Maria. 109_0974 (Medium).JPG

lothiandon1940 and 40StudeDude like this.
  8. Moby

Moby
    Member Emeritus

Just got back Thursday from a 1500 mile trip through New England. We planned on driving to the top of Mt Washington like we did with the track roadster a few years ago but the upper half of the mountain was fogged in so we didn't bother.

Last month we drove to the Hot Rod Reunion in Bowling Green KY so with that and some other driving, we did over 4,000 miles in the past 2 months. We're also going to the Race of Gentlemen and probably the Long Branch NJ cruise day (while visiting family) so yeah, we like driving. It's a freakin' model A, not some pristine museum piece, and they're not really cars unless you drive them!!!!

9. HunterSpeed

HunterSpeed
    from Austin, TX

Awesome thread. As a Southern California native I wouldn't consider a build "done" until it made a trip out to El Mirage for some dry lakes goodness.

10. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

THAT is probably the coolest Hudson SLED I have ever seen...Kudos to you my Australian friend...AND IF you travel south and west from Michigan or Indiana heading to Cali, make certain you stop at the museum in Minden, Nebraska. I believe it's the largest museum of Americana in the United States...and make a run thru Denver and the ColoRODo mountains on I-70...some gorgeous scenery thru there and St. George, Utah, then you can stop in Las Vegas...and it's only a few hours to LA after that...

Good luck on the trip... you're a man after mu own heart...!!!

R-

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  11. Well I have been a lot of places in this big old country ( and other countries on this continent) either on a bike or in a rod of some sort. I have been through the drive through tree 3 times twice in the ol' man's roadster, and once on my bike while it was closed to the public. I must say that while I can't officially promoter disobeying the rules that my motto has always been "screw the rules." You only get a limited amount of time on this planet and you better take every chance you get to have some fun.

12. I drive my 40 a lot and have been all around the eastern half of the US, but it wasn't until last month when I finally got to realize one of my life long dreams, a trip across the US in the ol gal, from my home in Maryland to Pomona California and back. It was bitchin'! I want to eventually post a road trip thread but I have to get my shit together first.............may take a while. :rolleyes:

10371498_10203994376490487_923271822214311916_n.jpg

Last edited: Aug 2, 2014
    lothiandon1940 likes this.
  13. cktasto

cktasto

since I started on my 55' almost 4 years ago, I've pictured driving it from the SF bay area to Famoso for the Hot Rod Reunion, about 250 miles. It doesnt look like it'll happen this year but it should be done in time for the march meet

Attached Files:

14. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

Last edited: Aug 2, 2014
  15. Out west via Rt. 66 would be my dream trip.

16. R A Wrench

R A Wrench
    from Denver, Co

I got my 34 on the road in 85. It has seen both the Atlantic & the Pacific. Also many places in between. We have done a few 4 K mile two week trips. I think I have the bugs worked out of the 49 F 1 & just got insurance on it & a canned ham Aladdin camper. We head to Bonneville in a few days, then its up hwy 93 to visit some old friends in Kallispell. Should hit the Going to the Sun Road in Glacier, then slowly head back to Denver. I love my road trips.

17. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

Hmm, I'm thinking Yosemite National Park followed by Oak Canyon Ranch for Born Free.

In this
    [​IMG]

With these in tow

[​IMG]
    MeandBSA 020resized.jpg

TRJ and J.Ukrop like this.
  18. Inked Monkey

Inked Monkey

I too will make it to Born Free one of these years

Nick32vic likes this.