Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1925 T roadster build. AKA 90 Inch Death Trap

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by skunk victim, Jun 29, 2014.

1. I thought I would post a little thread about the 1925 T I am building, now that I am actually working on it. It started out as me finding a beat up body locally and decided to throw some spare parts on a chassis and get rid of some stuff... Turns out I have fallen in love and fallen off the original plan. Eventually the plan is to go full blown 60s show. Metal flake and chrome all over the place. For now, I just want to get it on the road for the summer!!

I started by cutting the crossmembers off the stock T frame and shaped it similar to an A frame, just smaller. The back is kicked up, rails are boxed and I made A flat model A style front crossmember and used a A rear to go with the A spring that will be on a 40 banjo rear.

I went to use some old Hurst motor mounts but they didn't really work with how I wanted the motor mounts to sit on the frame rails so I made my own saddle style mount. Bolted on an old Ford three speed,set it in place and then made the centre crossmember. I added the picture of the rear end beside the frame just to get an idea of how small the frame really is.

Hopefully I will be keeping up the motivation on this build so I have something to drive before summer is over!!

Ill try to get the picture part figured out!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 29, 2014
  2. Diggit man. Not super z'd which is a nice change.

skunk victim likes this.
  3. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

Fuck I like what your doing. Keep it coming.

skunk victim and sko_ford like this.
  4. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Yes!! Count me in.

5. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Hell yes!!!

volvobrynk likes this.
  6. Very cool - I like it - a lot...

7. RainierHooker

RainierHooker
    from Tacoma, WA

Short n' stubby. I like it!

volvobrynk likes this.
  8. Awesome! I am going to enjoy watching this build.

9. bgbdlinc

bgbdlinc

....wow! What a left turn that is....love the concept, love the work so far....

10. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

I'm really interested to see some detail of the sub floors you're making for the body.

11. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

X3. When I saw the title, I opened this thread with some trepidation, but HELL yes!! Shades of Excaliber! I figure Dana should show up any time here.

12. A Boner

A Boner

13. A boner. I love that car! Add a box and its true love. Gives me hope that after the first drive when I realize spokes and no brakes are as scary as hell, white walls will look just fine haha

14. A Boner

A Boner

No front brakes on a car is like a coaster brake on a bicycle.....jam on the brakes, and the ass end wants to go to the front, especially if going around a curve. It's just about impossible to panic stop except when going perfectly straight. Been there, done that!

If your "T" ends up anything like the pic, it will be one cool "T"!

15. That's the thing with the brakes and why it's going to be a country roads type car. Hell my coupe was hard enough to stop with all four brakes!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

16. Squablow

Squablow

I like what I see so far. Body actually looks pretty damn nice to me!

17. Thanks man, that's after a lot of pounding and straightening. Nether of which I'm great at!

Got it in epoxy!

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1404182144.935588.jpg

18. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

I'll throw my two cents into the mix about brakes. As stated a panic stop will see it swapping ends faster than you could ever imagine. Don't think "an out in the country only car" will totally eliminate the need for a panic stop as the country has it own unique driving hazards. One thing a rear end collision has going for it is you seldom have to replace the radiator but the damage to the rear of your head and spine offers it's own unique physical recovery issues.

Frank

19. Thanks frank I appreciate your opinion. All I will say is a deer or a rabbit scare me a hell of a lot less than one of the busiest highways in North America!!

20. Anderson

Anderson

cool build! I love the motor mount plate.

21. Liking the style of your build. JW

skunk victim likes this.
  22. daddylama

daddylama

some of the T builds lately have me really wanting to build one.

i dig where you're going with this one...

skunk victim likes this.
  23. Great start! Any of those engines over in the corner would look awesome in those 'rails! :cool:

skunk victim likes this.
  24. Keep on it Keith. I'm looking forward to seeing this one come together.

25. I've been trying to find the time to work on this thing when I can. Slow an steady I suppose. The chassis is just about finished, getting the rear end apart then shortening it was a major to do that is now done.

More updates with some progress pics coming soon. It rolls!

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1405829845.436670.jpg

26. Very cool.

I don't think id do a car w 1/2 a brake set but the thing I've had to convince my wife since moving her to the country- you don't put your car (and self) into a ditch just because some goddamn cat ran into the road. Kids, different story but fuck the quail that runs out of a bush. Don't kill yourself for something you'd eat for dinner.

Posted using my chicken and 2 cigs

volvobrynk and loudbang like this.
  27. K.L

K.L

This is looking like it's going to be an interesting build.
    I'll be following this!

skunk victim likes this.
  28. bgbdlinc

bgbdlinc

....cool already......damn, you're quick Keith....

29. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1406417837.468820.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1406417899.884661.jpg

Nothing to crazy going on other than picking all these parts up Friday! LOVE the Towel City slicks. Some Ross engine parts a rad and speedway goodies. Party time!

Felipe Toltecatl likes this.