Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lone star round-Up >>> Motels ???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hot-rod roadster, Jan 10, 2006.

1. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

Going to the round-up for the first time. Most the good motels right around the continental club are already booked. Anybody know where to stay thats in a good part of town fairly close and in the $100 - $125 range. HELP !!! Thanks Gary

2. Big Dad

Big Dad

You will really enjoy this show, Hopefully you will be there for Friday too
    Austin is a awesome town, you will be fine ..
    Most everywhere is a cheap cab ride .. $20.00 will get you a long ways
    Try to be www.choicehotels.com .. there should be several choices stilll
    Welcome to Texas .. Look out for LSD (lone Star Draft)beer

3. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

BEST event of the year- I CAN'T WAIT!!!

4. Big Dad

Big Dad

I have been last 3 years , amazing what it is has grown into in such a short
    time .. then Austin, South Congress --that is another show..
    I can't wait either, count the days till next one every year

5. I want to move to Austin, lived in California all my life. Almost ready to retire and I'm working on my wife to move. So far no luck but my daughter wants to go to University of Texas for her graduate degree. I think that will push my wife over the edge. Looking forward to the great car shows, Mark

6. gokartmozart

gokartmozart

We plan on camping (small pup tent) on Friday nite and maybe Saturday nite... Has there been space at the grounds (not in the gravel parking lot, rodder please!) in the past years for cheap bastards?
    Camping stove, two chairs and big cooler can be a bitch to drag along...

7. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

I'd be there with ya ,but I'm driving a 28 roadster from Omaha,no room left for a tent. Plus after 12-13 hours in a roadster my skinny little ass is gonna want something a little more comfy to sleep in. Anyone else with motel info? Gary

8. Nobody is answering the question.I would also like to know.

9. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

The Lonestar RoundUp website lists a bunch. I booked the Homestead today online for $70 bucks a nite. Located on the same lake as the park the show is being held in PLUS less then a mile from the Continental Club from what I understand.

http://www.lonestarroundup.com/

10. modernbeat

modernbeat
    from Dallas, TX

delete - wrong hotel...

11. If the hotels on the Roundup website are all booked you might try

CLARION INN AND SUITES
    2200 S I-35
    AUSTIN, TX 78704 USA Phone: (512) 444-0561
    Fax: (512) 444-7254
    Email Address: [email protected]

It's located at I-35 and Oltorf (I think). We stayed there last year and it was OK. We took a cab to the Continental club as we flew to Austin last year. The cab was $5.

12. Frank

Frank

Since I am driving a 66, I don't plan to take up parking from one of the entries. Where do people driving later models like me park nearby without getting in the way?

I would just as soon camp in a pup tent near my car if at all possible. I see there is a state park, McKinney Falls about 8 miles away. I see so many parks on Google Earth but not sure which one's allow overnight camping.

I don't need a motel room. Since I have never been there, can someone give me an idea? I figure this Town Lake is some kind of day park with a curfew? Is there a campground closer than McKinney Falls?

13. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

Thanks slick , we'll look into that. Anyone else ?? Gary

14. baytowngreaser

baytowngreaser

15. InDaShop

InDaShop
    from Houston

We're staying there as well $75 queen or $85 for king. See y'all there! 2.5 months away can't wait with all this talk lately.

16. Big Dad

Big Dad

Right by the show, there is a large area to park, they fence the area off in the
    show to alow beer sales .. fair amount of street parking, yes it is a park that would have to be empty by evening .. I've never camped anywhere down in Austin , always grab a room --But I'm sure you will be able to find a place to pop the tent up, fit right in .. www.keepaustinweird.com

17. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

Homestead is a good option for those looking for a hotel.

You can't camp at the show grounds, or anywhere on Town Lake. I think the best bet is McKinney Falls. It's pretty out there and not that far.

18. kisam

kisam

I'm staying there too (Homestead). I love Austin!!! 6th street=hangovers with new tattoo's!! Still trying to finish my truck??? I can't wait to meet you HAMBERS. Kathy

19. gokartmozart

gokartmozart

The San Jose is almost always booked up solid a year in advance of ANY Austin event, for obvious reasons, the best of which are its beauty and being across the street from the Continental Club!

20. Jai

Jai
    from Dallas, Tx

plus I'd save my $$. San Jose is lovely. We loved staying there, but I'd just hit up a motel 6 or some crap if your just using the room for a place to crash. Hell, who wants to hang out at the hotel?

I'm piss broke, so I'll be crashing with relatives. LOL!

21. 53chevy

53chevy

Hey, how did you get these rates? Is it cause I'm from SoCal? Thanks. I'll see you there no matter what happens!

ken

22. reverb2000

reverb2000
    from Houston TX

Holiday Inn at town lake is nice. Its right on the water and has a nice awesome pool. Prebooked mine for 96.00 for king size room

23. skumbag

skumbag

we stayed at the red roof inn south last year. i dont remember how much it was but i know it wasnt expensive. the rooms were decent.

matt