Register now to get rid of these ads!

1955 Thunderbird Original Gassser

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by PEMSCO, May 20, 2013.

1. PEMSCO

PEMSCO
    from Mexico

Grew Up turning wrenches working in speed shops.Then went to flying Helicopters and Didn't have time for hot rods then I found this bird and I guess once it gets in you blood you are hooked for life

2. welcome to the hamb one rule WE LOVE TO SEE PICS dont tease us saying you have a 55 t-bird gasser then not cough of the proof .....pics :D

3. Hi PEMSCO, welcome to the HAMB.

I've got a '55 bird also, not a gasser but I've hot-rodded it a little, ported heads, Holman Moody cam, T-5, disc brakes, flame paint job
    [​IMG]

4. 1934coupe

1934coupe

I had a 55 T-bird gasser, it had a Willys chassis and front axle, one piece tilt nose and a Dana 44 rear. Sold it to a guy in Old Bethpage NY in the 70s. Would love to find it. Anyway welcome from Rhinebeck NY.

Pat

5. Veach

Veach

Welcome from Texas and where did you fly ? I still owe a pilot for pulling my sorry butt out of a tough spot. Veach US Army

6. Hotrodbuilderny

Hotrodbuilderny

Welcome from Long Island

7. Hotrodbuilderny

Hotrodbuilderny

What color was the Tbird? I have a friend who was a Cop and he lives in Bethpage, he was the guy if we needed anything he would know where to find it let me know what year you sold it and any other facts about it.

8. PEMSCO

PEMSCO
    from Mexico

I found it in a in Estate sale in St Louis Missouri I live and work in Mexico. I will try to figure out how to post pictures. Brand new here and to forems

9. PEMSCO

PEMSCO
    from Mexico

10. PEMSCO

PEMSCO
    from Mexico

I the 70's My Cousin Carl built ( was there during the Build) a 56 T-Bird with a 428 FE & a C6, hand built headers, oil pan. Had a Medium riser and the hood would close with short air cleaners. A rather Ingenious build. He kept it none cut up and kept all of the parts to return it to stock. Th FE parts are hanging on the shop wall. I think I know where they might go.

11. PEMSCO

PEMSCO
    from Mexico

It's not cut up too much the cross member hatchet job makes me wonder what thet were drinking before they lit the torch but I can fix it no problem, those motor mounts say Chevrolet to me and they will go.

12. PEMSCO

PEMSCO
    from Mexico

OH and Thank you for the welcome's

13. PEMSCO

PEMSCO
    from Mexico

It has 650x13 tires on 5x5.5 bolt patern wheels cant find anything on where the wheels might have come from ???

14. Speedy Mike

Speedy Mike
    from Colorado

I got one. Huge drag racing documented history of this car blowing the doors off of the Ford drag teams in 69, 70, and 71. Car is from Salina Kansas and was owned by Gary Ward. Is has an Ed Pink 427 side oiler with 4 weber carbs and runs in the nines with an Art Carr automatic. Not bad for 60's technology. Currently resides in Rural Denver Colorado area.

Attached Files:

1EvilPaul likes this.
  15. 1934coupe

1934coupe

Been awhile , just going through some old stuff and saw this. A guy told me he saw this car at GG Charlotte in 2012 or 2013 but didn't find anything out. Not sure if he was drinking or not at the time.

Pat

16. 1EvilPaul

1EvilPaul

nice time capsule man.