Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures GM Motorama of 1954

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Jul 24, 2014.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber submitted a new blog post:

GM Motorama of 1954

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. There were some amazing cars on display at that show,,IMHO Chevrolet dropped the ball by not offering the the Corvette inspired Nomad,

It was said the Pontiac only built 2 Special's.. what a cool car. HRP

[​IMG]

3. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

The GM concept cars at that show were really amazing. Nice style and proportion. You can see how those cars shaped the next 10 years for GM. Its too bad that concept cars aren't produced in the body styles shown at the shows.

4. lucas doolin

lucas doolin

I still have some 8 x 10 glossy black and white promo photos I got from GM in 1954 of several cars in the video clip. They were attempting to build brand loyalty with the younger generation. Funny about how I turned out to be a blue oval guy instead. Watching the video, it's amazing to see just how well dressed everybody (presenters as well as spectators) was. Not so much today. I suppose you could make the same observation about today's cars.

5. flamingokid

flamingokid

I'd kill for that Bonneville,but all I got was a 1954 Motorama souvenir coin ;)

6. I didn't make it to the 1954 Autorama but went to my first in 1956.Still have the token(two actually).

Attached Files:

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  7. Jake H.

Jake H.

I believe it was a restored Pontiac Special concept car that sold at auction for huge $$$ a few years ago?
    What a cool car! And my lucky, older cousin, at Victory Glass, got to do the custom windshield for it, during its restoration. I think Gordon Apker owned it at the time.

8. Jungle Jalopy

Jungle Jalopy

"... in STEREOPHONIC sound"

9. @Jive-Bomber Jay - Cool video! ... Thanks for sharing!

Here's a cool B&W photo of the '54 GM Motorama:

1954 Motorama.jpg

10. The 2008 Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance featured several GM Motorama vehicles ... including these from the 1954 show:

1954 Pontiac Bonneville Special @ \'08 Pebble Beach Concours d\'Elegance.jpg 1954 Pontiac Bonneville Special (nose) @ \'08 Pebble Beach Concours d\'Elegance.jpg
    1954 Pontiac Bonneville Special

1954 Oldmobile F-88 (front) @ \'08 Pebble Beach Concours d\'Elegance.jpg
    1954 Oldmobile F-88 (rear) @ \'08 Pebble Beach Concours d\'Elegance.jpg
    1954 Oldmobile F-88

1954 Firebird I @ \'08 Pebble Beach Concours d\'Elegance.jpg
    1954 Firebird I​

11. autobilly

autobilly

Very cool, would you be willing to let one go to a good home?

12. The Corvette Nomad is badass!