Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Walton Fabrications how long does it usually take to ship your order?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Devoted, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Devoted

Devoted
    from DFW Texas

On 06/23/2014 I ordered a 1949-54 Chevy Transmission Crossmember from Walton Fabrications. By July 7 I emailed them on the order status and got a response from Todd that they are waiting on a stamping to mfg my crossmember and expecting parts in next day or so. He also mention they are small and try run efficient but sometimes come short, but that he was going to ship the part that same week. I still have not received any tracking number, and I was just wondering if this occurs often. I understand these things happen but when it does how long does it usually take. I was planing on ordering other parts, and based on the website most orders ship between 2-5 business days form order date from your experience has this been true? 1949-1952-transmission-crossmember-kit-3.gif

2. Devoted

Devoted
    from DFW Texas

Any body know where or someone that makes transmission crossmember for 49-54 chevy car that will fit th350? Sorry but its been a month and I'm still waiting for Walton.

3. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

After checking the Walton website and doing a search for a crossmember where Walton comes up in a number of entries, I suspect they use one of the services that advertises the ability to hide bad reviews and get your business to the top of the search engine lists. It would be interesting to find out if anyone has done business with them.

Devoted likes this.
  4. Roothawg

Roothawg

I did when I was building the Fleetline. No problems. Good parts.

Devoted likes this.

5. 39ChevyBob

39ChevyBob

Todd is a stand up guy, have gotten a few things from him. Just call him to get a status This stuff is usually just out of their control.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Devoted likes this.
  6. BucketHeadBart

BucketHeadBart
    from illinois

While I dont work for the stamper that supplies parts for Walton, I do work for a metal stamper and I can tell you sometimes trying to fill orders for smaller customers that request their parts on a JIT (Just In Time) basis, can be a real pain in the back side. And on top of that, if he's not a big fish in their pool, well then, we all know that the big fish get fed first.
    I recently had a similar experiance with Radir wheels. found out AFTER I ordered some 12 spoke spindle mount wheels that he didnt have them in stock. Could have cancelled my order and bought them somewhere else But decided to just sit tight and be patient.
    So thats my advise, sit tight , be patient.

brokenspoke likes this.
  7. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Todd at Walton is great to work with, did you call them ?. I know he had an issue with a supplier that provides some metal for the trans kits. My crossmember was delayed a few weeks but when I called he was upfront with me. I have used them for many parts on my last two 49-54 chevys.

Devoted likes this.
  8. Devoted

Devoted
    from DFW Texas

Boones thanks thats all really need an upfront answer on time, delayed a few weeks gives me some what of an idea on the status. I wasn't sure if I should be waiting days, weeks, or months. This is my first time ordering from them and I'm sure from what I hear they have good parts. Maybe today I will have luck contacting Todd over the phone.