Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Salina, Kansas

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hot Rod Nut, Mar 22, 2014.

1. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Typical of Titus, his mouth makes promises his brain can't keep...!!! You were supposed to get SIX issues of the mag per year...you'll be lucky to get TWO-if you are VERY lucky...!!! He always HAS some excuse...!!!

R-

2. I have a pal here in South Carolina to has been going for years. HRP

3. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Its a great park, hoping for good weather this year. The Cozy Inn is the shit, for old fashion onion grilled burgers. Been going there since the early 70's.

4. Do you have to pre-reg if you want to park in the show?

5. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

6. j3harleys

j3harleys

I have to apologize. I got mag in the mail yesterday. So sorry but I wouldn't sign up agin

7. speedwise

speedwise

For goodness sake, run your rod! It beats watching. Just get there early. It's a hoot being flagged by Gene Winfield!

8. Bam.inc

Bam.inc
    from KS

9. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The show in Salina is great. I love the park and the shade. Joining KKOA, not so much. Just enter the show and go enjoy the weekend.

10. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

We'll be there...

11. Fat47

Fat47
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

So, did anyone organize a HAMB get together?

12. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

This will be my first trip there ever, leaving Denver Friday morning in my white unibody f100. Have a room at the super 9 off i-70. Anyone else staying around that area? Probably throw my stripe gear in as well. Hope to see a lot of ya there!

13. Crazy Legs

Crazy Legs

Can't wait!!! Finally we'll be there in my 54 I've been trying to get for 2 years

Hey GasserLouie or Butch M, is there a helmet requirement for the drag races Friday afternoon? Any requirements that I should know about? My car passes tech at our local dragstrip but I figure it'd be smart to ask before I drive 400 miles to the show and can't run my sleeper ;)

14. I'll B there in this old beater Patina 32 5 winder 029.jpg

15. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    If I see this car, I will stop and introduce myself. See ya then.

16. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

No requirements for the drags as far as I know of. Just show up and have fun. For the Meet and Greet. It is usually at 12:00 or 1:00 Saturday at the Merc gathering by the picnic table near the fence.

17. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

No helmets required, just bad ass cars!

18. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

I've been going to the show since it was moved to Salina which is about 20 miles from my home. The rules have loosened up over the years and there's a lot more than rods and kustoms in the show. Some like this, I would prefer strict rules kinda like what we have here on the H.A.M.B. I've covered the show for magazines and my site for years and wouldn't miss it even if I did live somewhere else. There is an immense wealth of kustom knowledge in the legends that hang out in the center of the park, all great folks that are very easy to talk to. If you come to the show look for my booth and come by and say hi.

19. 58cchevy

58cchevy

only one week left to go. I will be leaving Thursday morning so I wont miss anything. I am bringing my 58 Impala again. last year was great.

20. Crazy Legs

Crazy Legs

Awesome, I didn't think there was a helmet rule or anything like that - But last year they didn't let you have passengers right? That was the coolest part (McGregor boys bare ass's and all lol)
    I agree w/ Travis, I liked it better when there were strictly customs and not so "normal cars" but either way its still the only show that you can see some of the coolest customs, Bill Hines slingin lead and outlaw dragraces :) CANT WAIT!

travisfromkansas likes this.
  21. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Too bad the weather we are having this week will not extend into next week. Its been in the 70's and 80's here till saturday. Back to upper 90's and hot for the show.

22. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1405640508.586306.jpg
    Looks fine to me

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

23. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Lets hope and prey your right! Hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

24. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Bring the camera.

travisfromkansas likes this.
  25. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

I had a Beater once apon a time like that.....................Tanner

26. Want it back Tanner? Naw it ain't goin nowhere without my butt in the seat for now.

27. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

I do miss it...............it was the most fun car I've had in a long time to get in and go to Lowes or the parts store and not have to worry about it....and it really does need to stay just like it is....may an ac for us old guys would be nice......but then you wouldn't get the effect of having all the windows down, windshield kicked out and the cowl vent pushing cool air around you...............If I were a rich man...it would have never left the shop...........It fits you Don......a Flipper that has the neatest personal car in the country...................Tanner

28. Thanx Tanner. It does have A/C, front window cranked out, cowl vent open, both side winders down, back winder 1/2 way cranked down and the spray bottle hangin on the shelf under the dash I put in it. also threw in a rubber mat on the front floor after insulating the whole car.

29. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

30. Crazy Legs

Crazy Legs

ohhhh the forecast is looking HOTTER now for this week but that's typical I guess....... CAN'T WAIT!