Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 1937 chev truck rear fender braces

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by EnglishBob, Jul 19, 2014.

1. EnglishBob

EnglishBob

Anyone have pics of Where these actually mount.
    Using glass fenders but can't see that making a difference.
    Thanks
    EB

2. I have fibreglass ones as well but I made my own brackets so sorry I can't help.
    Edit: I did mine like Junkyardjeff and put them just behind the wheel opening at the back.
    Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Last edited: Jul 19, 2014
  3. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I think the original brackets mounted in the center of the wheel arch,since I am using glass fenders too I made a bracket and attached it to the bottom rear of the arch to keep the fender from flapping in the wind. I do not think the original brackets will work good with glass fenders,I used the original brackets in the front with no problems yet. I have only seen original rear brackets in pictures.

4. EnglishBob

EnglishBob

Can I ask you both to post pics of the brackets you made?
    I'm having a brain fart and hit a wall.

5. Here is mine the triangular piece bolts to the frame the round end is threaded and bolts to the bracket on the fender. I still have to finish glassing the bracket to the fender. Hope it helps.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

6. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I have no way to post any pics of the brackets I made since my computer took a shit and I am on a borrowed lap top.they are a simple bent bracket going from the lower fender to a mounting bolt