Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 1930 instrument panel help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by soda4u2, Jul 19, 2014.

1. soda4u2

soda4u2

Does anyone make a original style instrument panel for a 1930 model A coupe that will accept newer gauges? That will bolt in the original spot. Thanks- Jimmy

2. swsimon

swsimon

You can drill out the existing holes to fit newer gauges. Been done many times. Scott

3. soda4u2

soda4u2

4. The problem is that there is not enough space behind the panel (between the panel and gas tank) and most current gauges will not fit. I would suggest leaving the original gauges and buying a mount for new gauges below the current panel or on the steering column. Another place for gauges is in the kick panel on the passenger side where they are visible to the driver. An afermarket panel usually called the "Aristrocrat" might be a consideration but originals are rare and repros are hard to find and I believe out of production. See http://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=134971&highlight=aristocrat for pictures.
    Charlie Stephens

5. creepjohnny

creepjohnny

on my coupe I ran factory gas gauge and newer but factory style amp gauge and had a single aftermarket SW temp gauge that hung under the gauge cluster. they make a double and triple gauge addition that can hold what u need. but as said before, if running factory gas tank you will run out of clearance space

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

6. swsimon

swsimon

I was not using the original gas tank and removed enough material to fit the gauges. Charlie you are right if the original tank is being used they will not fit. Scott