Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Official 2014 Meltdown Drags #5 thread, vintage drag meet, July 18,19&20 Byron IL

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by David Doo, Jan 3, 2014.

1. malibumonte78

malibumonte78

Loaded up and headed out at first light tomorrow!

2. tricky steve

tricky steve
    from fenton,mo.

wow ,thanks for the compliments !
    this is gonna be awesome !!!
    weather reports are incredible !!
    so many bitchin' cars, from all over the planet... very cool...

3. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Will some of you please post some pictures for those of us who are stuck at home.

4. Red71

Red71
    from Illi-noise

COOL story powrshiftr . thats gotta be worth the price right there.
    this is going to be a L O N G azz day !!!

5. Red71

Red71
    from Illi-noise

I don’t do face book , but daughter does. She showed me pictures there.
    Just awesome already!

6. Track prep under way.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

7. It wasn't in the cards for me to go this year although I really wanted to. Can't wait to see some pictures. A live feed would be awesome! Hopefully next year I can make this trip.

8. ORGANGRINDER

ORGANGRINDER

still not finished getting the place ready for my daughter's wedding in 4 wks so had to cancel another car trip! please post plenty of pics and video...i can almost hear the tractor getting the track ready!!! Go Man Go!!!!!!!

9. Papa Tom

Papa Tom

I know how you feel had to cancel at the last minute reggie see you in Joplin

10. ORGANGRINDER

ORGANGRINDER

well... i'm paid and reg. but not 100% sure on that one either. the wedding is the week before. kinda thinking of running out to california for a week or so to rest up.

11. Look fwd to seeing all the guys tomorrow morning Cheers!

Posted using Full box of Crayons on the Kitchen Walls App!

12. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1405740222.664609.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1405740236.079750.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1405740250.682076.jpg

Good day today.... See you guys in the AM

WACCUSTOMS.COM

13. Deadbird

Deadbird

Just spent the day at the Melt Down Drags with my son. It's our first time at this event. I'm very impressed! Looking forward to seeing even more tomorrow. If you're not here you're missing it!

beebee78 likes this.
  14. C U L8r allyg8r!

15. powrshftr

powrshftr

Who had the KR today?

Absolutely awesome.

Scott

16. snaptwo

snaptwo

No ,Nada , Zip on their website !

17. powrshftr

powrshftr

They're too busy running the thing man!

Best event we have EVER been lucky enough to be a part of!!!!!

Scott

beebee78 likes this.
  18. powrshftr

powrshftr

Ps:previous best ET with the Shaker and an out of the box Holley 650 dp was a 14.96@98 in slightly better air (450ft elev).
    Today after Gary "Old Dog" the 'carburetor guy' was kind enough to spend some time sorting it out for me,and making a few very precise recommendations a about launch and shift rpm,we ripped off a 13.76@99 and change,bumping up against the 6200 rpm limiter chip in the Msd in two gears.

A trip to the pits,one 6600 rpm chip later,and a 5000rpm launch netted a little better 13.45@100,and there's some left in it. :)

Thanks a bunch to Gary and his lovely wife for all their kindness and assistance,and for tolerating me when my clutch linkage decided to shit the bed right in front of their trailer,leaving me out there like an eyesore McGyvering away half the morning!

Thanks also to the guys from NAPA. In Byron for the points file,the grease,and the snap ring pliers.
    You rule,man.

And to the crusty old Dude at the tire place right at the lights for the snap ring.
    You Sir,are one badass,old school,dropping what y'all are doin' to help a stranger in need (stranger than most,anyway),and my hat is off to you Sir!:)

Thanks also to Ol Blue for your assistance with clutch repairs in the pits,to our neighbour Jim from the Lone Star state for his never ending kindness and hospitality,to Jim,Merek Chertkow,Wrenchbender,and everybody else who stopped by and said hey today.You guys have really made this event something special for my Dad and I.:)

And to the MDA: You guys are the absolute salt if the earth.God bless you for putting in such an incomprehensibly FUCKING AWESOME event!!!!!

All day long we were meeting my mentors an heroes,and my Dad could not believe how incredibly kind and friendly you all were to us.
    It actually freaked him out a bit when you guys rolled up on us in line at the gate this morning and said "Hey!You made it!!"......He was all like:"Who's are those guys..?Howdo all these guys know you...?":)

Thanks SO much to everyone who has had anything to do with this event,from the track owner,to the MDA guys,to the guys we're racing like John and Bob (Bob,you're a madman.Keep doin what yer doin Big Man.You are a force to be reckoned with!) :)

Scott

beebee78 likes this.
  19. koop13

koop13
    from Wisconsin

There is no live coverage for the event.

It would be great if someday we got it, but it wasn't in the cards for this year.

20. powrshftr

powrshftr

I negotiated "Meltdown Holidays" into my new job before I would take the job.....You guys wishing for live coverage should have done what I did,then you'd be sitting with your back tires in the water,an AWB Hemi car spittin u-joints 20 feet in front of you,and a HUGE grin on your face! :D

There is NOTHING on earth like this event.
    You OWE it to yourself to make it to next year's Meltdown Drags.

Scott

21. powrshftr

powrshftr

Missed the cruise to the burger stand last night,but we are NOT letting it slip by tonight!:)

Scott

22. Nice job rowing the gears Scott - car looked great from the stands.

23. powrshftr

powrshftr

Thanks Man!

After I put the bigger limiter chip in I really gave her hell and it finally ran like it wanted to.It was a good day:)

Just over at the swap meet trying to move some Hemi heads and cranks to pay for gas money home!lol!

More racing tomorrow!:)

Scott

24. wow what a show and it was only friday. i have never been to a show that was so organized and staffed with friendly people. thanks for all your effort.

25. Say hi to the guys in the gray primered Willys, they are pals and towed from out here in SD.

26. What a show! Had a great time!

27. jeepster

jeepster
    from wisconsin

088.JPG Tman is this your friend? He may need surgery to remove the smile from his face. I believe a good time is being had by all.

28. blue 49

blue 49
    from Iowa

040.JPG 041.JPG Here's a couple for Scot.

powrshftr likes this.
  29. powrshftr

powrshftr

Thanks Man!

Did you get any shots of the run after that..?

Cause it was a Doozie!!!!!:D

Scott

30. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Scott is spot on the meltdown is a can't miss again badass good time that everyone needs to experience

The MDA is a fantastic group and put on a great event I want to tip my hat to these folks because not only are they super nice bunch of hot rodders they put on a very organized and smoothly run event

One thing is for damn sure I will be back next year and I won't have the slowest blown Willys pickup on the planet hell the event isn't even over yet and I'm already scheming over some changes for the Willys so I can at least compete and not break like this year lol even though shit didn't go my way I have not had a moment that I didn't have a grin from ear to ear even when the motor blew up

beebee78 and powrshftr like this.