Register now to get rid of these ads!

original style 32 grill shell and insert - quality repops?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by elwoodboll, Apr 5, 2013.

1. elwoodboll

elwoodboll
    from SoCal

Who sells a quality stock 32 grill shell and insert? Looking for one with radiator fill and crank holes. Couple on ebay but I came across the less than stellar feedback for those vendors here on the HAMB - glad I found it - so I'm not anxious to buy from those guys. Brookville only offers smooth shells.

Thanks.

Chris

2. earlyv8

earlyv8
    from oklahoma

Cant speaak for shell but Mar K in Oklahoma City builds quality grills. I believe they make the ones for Dales manufacturing, Oklahoma City, and sold through Classic Auto Parts, Oklahoma City.

3. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

4. Jim P

Jim P
    from Tyler, TX

I bought a vintique she'll and a Dale's insert for my roadster. Fit as nice as my original. I would by that combo again.
    Jim

5. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I've used many Vintique shells with the Dales insert. I like the way the Vintique shell mirrors the original shell better than Brookville. Also wasn't satisfied with the insert fit in the Brookville. Maybe that's gotten better??????

6. Nothing fits a aftermarket shell any better than a Dales,,though I prefer the original Henry Ford piece. HRP

7. KRYLON 32 has it right......Only way to go if ya can't come up with the real deal..

8. dontlifttoshift

dontlifttoshift

What it you can't come up with a Dales? They are "temporarily discontinued". So what's the next best after Henry's and Dale's inserts?

9. woodiewagon46

woodiewagon46
    from New York

I purchased a Brookville shell and a Dan Fink issert. When I tried to install the insert it wasn't even close. Dan said he uses a stock shell for his jig. I sent back the Brookville grill shell and purchased an original shell at Hershey and the Dan Fink insert fit like Henry made it.

10. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Dale's,---Fits my Henry shell!

11. As stated, Dales ain't makin em anymore Don

12. I would hope the OP found what he was looking for over a year ago. HRP

13. A Rodder

A Rodder

I bought a vintiques unfilled shell with all the trimming, and a dales insert.
    the insert is pretty tight at the bottom.

The cap/trim sits off center.

I did tons of research and this was the recommended setup.

Bought it last year from Kenny hot rod parts. He was great to deal with.

Its not installed as if yet.

14. dontlifttoshift

dontlifttoshift

Guess I should have started a new thread....just didn't think we needed another 32 grill insert thread.

Dales does not have any inserts and will not have any for the foreseeable future so what else is there that is quality and fits?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

15. A Rodder

A Rodder

If I were you I would call Dales and ask them for a list of their top four or five distributors they used, and call THEM and check their inventory.

16. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Dales Inserts are not available at this time as currently they are not being manufactured. I checked with several vendors as I needed a number of them for projects and that is what I was told.

17. Maybe just lucky but this is a Vintique shell & insert That was less than 500 shipped. Works for me.

Attached Files:

18. Here's one from Pinhead Fabrication "Dan Fink original style" Sent them my shell and they made one to fit.

Attached Files:

19. MAD 034

MAD 034
    from Washington

I too went with the Vintique shell/insert combo on my deuce roadster. Fit between the two pieces is pretty good but the top of the shell is rough. It will need a bit of metal work to make it paintable.

The insert itself is ok quality but I am going to tweak the bars around a bit to make it more presentable.