Register now to get rid of these ads!

Boston Ma area - Street Racing in 60's remember this car?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BOSTONCAMARO, May 3, 2012.

1. I'd hate to see the bill for that chrome work today.

2. panrat

panrat

DO YOU HAVE ANYMORE PHOTOS I BOUGHT THE HOOKER FROM RICH I AM RICHARD TRINGALI LIVED IN EVERETT MA. TOOK THE CAR TO FLA. SOLD IT THERE NEVER TOOK PHOTOS SELLING THAT CAR WAS THE BIGGEST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE THANKS

3. panrat

panrat

THE HOOKER FRAME

Attached Files:

4. Church Key

Church Key

The chassis photo is the only one I have.

5. wrecker1.JPG wrecker2.JPG Here are two more pictures from the article that appeared in the magazine.I have the complete article in my scrapbook;will try and scan the other pictures.Just detail shots.

RichT likes this.
  6. RichT

RichT

they were orginally on main street in Everett at the corner then they moved and Jerry Morello opened up Performance Automotive in PV's spot in Everett, jerry had a 34 chevy coupe with tunnel ram at the time

7. RichT

RichT

the best thing i remember was richie willett driving around in his 27 tall tee the moroon one with his best pal which was so damn cute and funny Cheech his dog sitting on the seat. That dog went everywhere with Richie :)

8. Egads, chrome brake shoes too?
    I'm speechless.

9. RichT

RichT

The day I got the car from Richie I took it home to clean it for a show and OMG I spent over a week cleaning it not because it was dirty because of all the chrome, i really miss that car and to be honest Richie in my opinion built this to Triple A+ show quality, he was a man that had the gift of being a True Hot Rod Builder and will always be up there with Barris, Winfield and Roth in my eyes and I just spoke to him yesterday and at 76 he is still out there turning a wrench and putting out some of the best cars EVER

10. coydog

coydog

Hi
    Newbie here! just joined after reading this thread. Was originally from Melrose and owned the baby blue 68 383 GTS Dart with the "Lets Boogie" on the hood, later painted black and put a 440 6 pak in it. Also worked at Davidson Chevy back in the late 70's early 80's. Been away for a while and was wondering if Joe Lapore, The Greek, Dave Joy, Jim Carozza (Poor Mans Pride) any of these guys still around??

11. gonzo

gonzo

Richie Willett is a legend and an incredible resource to anyone around New England that wants to build a hot rod. He's helped me tremendously. If you want another Richie built car you should call him up and buy his tub, which is still for sale.

12. RichT

RichT

I used to have Richies Customs on Broadway in Malden and The greek use to work at Broadway Glass at night for Paul, remember John Leezaut ( I cant spell his last name ) he use to work at Davidson Chevy and he bought Foxy's 36 Ford Coupe the yellow one. I painted that car for Larry

13. If by the Greek you mean Richie Tallarico(sp?)I believe he may have passed.Did you know Tom Steed or Mike Balistero? They used to work at Davidson but that may have been before you were there.Tom is the parts manager at Liberty Chevrolet in Wakefield/Reading right off 128;he may know.I think Tom is still campaigning a vintage dragster.Haven't seen or heard from Mike in years.Last time I saw him was in Detroit after he won the Ridler Award with his 34.

14. RichT

RichT

i knew tom and mike and heres the lastest i did on my thames the words are just paint shoped on but i will be airbrushing that on there once i paint it silver Metalflake with blue designs thats all panel painted
    thames (4) (Mobile).jpg thames (5) (Mobile).JPG

METAL MELTDOWN likes this.
  15. Hollis Cranmer

Hollis Cranmer

Hoop W. ? Posted below is Deuce 1's replacement.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2014
  16. Hollis Cranmer

Hollis Cranmer

17. hoop

hoop

Very nice! I see more rides to Key West in your future.Enjoy

18. farrigno

farrigno
    from mass

i knew fred jr,..used to hang with him when I worked for my old boss he and my old boss lived together years back in lynn,..many parties at their place,lol,...any way I have not seen fred in years,..about15 anyway,..but I do remember the 65?..vette he had ,..did some motor work on it.

19. I dont know than farrino, but I bet my dad does...

Anyone seen the book the "Dominators" East Coast book about this area? I just bought a used copy off craigslist

Last edited: Dec 23, 2014
  20. Here is a pic of the book

Attached Files:

21. The Dominators book was written by a fellow Dominators club member, John Brackett.
    It's full of the real deal action.

22. I met John at a car show many years ago when the book first came out and bought a copy.Had a great time talking with him and reminiscing about mutual acquaintances.The book is a really great read.
    When I worked at Foreign Motors in Boston(1977-1980)I used to do a lot of pinstriping for the various body shops in the area.One of them was Bigelow Auto Body in Watertown run by Jim Whoolie(sp?).His best friend was John Sharrigan(Shag) who was one of the founding members of the No-Mads.I striped Shag's green Bentley once and had a great conversation with him about hot rodding in the 1950's.He was quite a character even then.
    Some years later I ran into his older brother Mudd at a knife show in Connecticut.He was living in Wiscassett Maine and making custom knives(I think he still is).We also had some great conversations about early hot rodding.Wish I had had a tape recorder both times. I'm still trying to write down stories from that era but life seems to be getting in the way.Never enough time to do everything you want to do.

23. Sorry to hear about your dad

24. Scott

Scott

Sorry for your loss BC

25. Church Key

Church Key

26. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sorry to hear about your dad. Your father had been to my shop (s) many times over the past 25+ years. He was a great guy. He'd stop by the shop just to see what was going on, checking on the latest project. And he would tell me ,not only what was new with him, but what you were building, and we'd talk hot rods, race cars, people we both knew,etc. I think the last time I saw him was a couple years ago. Never easy loosing a parent, but in time, the good memories will replace the sadness your feeling today. Lost my dad 8 years ago, and hardly a day goes by that I don't think of him, and all memories that put a smile on my face. Hang in there and look forward to meeting you one day.

27. wheeldog57

wheeldog57

wow man, wow! route 1, revere beach, 'the marsh', i just found this thread and i read it front to back. coydog built his 440 dart in my familys garage when i was a kid. my older brother robert hung out with all gearheads and they were my influence. i have worked with vinny d, am very fortunate to have known tony grasso, racing down the marsh was the best- fri-sat nites sometimes till dawn. the cops hated us, we even got parking tickets in the turn around. i thought my nova was quick until those turbo buicks started showing up

28. David Cheney Jr

David Cheney Jr
    from Saugus ma

Chris the Greek bought Maplewood motors from Ralph Greer haven't seen dave joy in a few years last I know he was an independent appraiser iron horse appraisals I believe.

29. speeddemon469

speeddemon469

1_e74de18451d0b39d118780de0e49ac42.jpg 20180813_124114.jpg Hello to all i just found this post today it ....my father was one of the original founding stickshifts car club members if anyone stick-shifts-jamaica-plain-ma-car_1_affdc54004973ce1a8d72bfc31af7ea8.jpg s-l500-22.jpg stick-shifts-jamaica-plain-ma-car_1_affdc54004973ce1a8d72bfc31af7ea8.jpg has pic's of there cars .etc . plz post here ty. Cheers. Pce

Last edited: Aug 19, 2018