Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Moved to Kentucky, now what?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1badbaker, Jul 14, 2014.

1. 1badbaker

1badbaker

After a long 3-4 months of planning and moving from Akron Ohio to Shelbyville Kentucky (about 20 minutes outside Louisville), I finally have the family settled enough I can take a car for a ride. I've tried to do some local searches for local shows with no luck. I do know about the big event in Louisville coming up in late July, but I'm looking for anything in the local area. If anybody knows of anything car related or cruise-in's in the Shelbyville/Frankfort Kentucky area please let me know. Thanks for any suggestions or help, it's very strange to be in a new area and not have car buddies.

2. paintcan54

paintcan54

Look up the "Louisville Leads Car Club" all friends of mine. They have a cruise in every 2sd Saturday of the month at the Tractor Supply on S. Preston Hiway, I can't remember the address but ask around and somebody will know it. I know it's south of the Gene Snider exit off 65 south, that's on the south side of Louisville. Hope this helps.

3. 231ramona

231ramona

I grew up out there and now live in Middletown. There's a Shelby County car club that's pretty active that has monthly cruises. The local paper will have the date. Louisville is only 20 minutes away and there are plenty of shows and cruises here. Check the Courier Journal. Welcome to the area.

4. Speedwrench

Speedwrench

You might check with jimgl2 on this board. He is from Shelbyville also.
    He is a circle track type, but might be able to give you a heads-up on the local action.

5. summersshow

summersshow
    from NC

Just start chasing down guys in old cars and talk to them...

6. wkends

wkends
    from Kentucky

Check the Kentucky Hambers group here on the hamb. A bunch of the guys get together at the nats in Louisville every year, Also check wilderthanmost.com for local events and cruise nights around Louisville.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  7. ask at the local parts store!

8. BLACKNRED

BLACKNRED

You know next year the Street Rod Nationals will be in Akron o_O just kiddin'

9. carguy699

carguy699

I am not sure about the Shelbyville area but in Louisville (Jefferson county) there I quite a few shows during the season-to name a few -the castle cruise on 31e the dairy queen cruise on Dixie hwy (31w)
    the tractor supply on preston and others.-google car show cruises for dates
    welcome to ky
    jim

10. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

I read the header and thought, 'Well? You're a-gonna need some buckskins, a good pair o' moccasins, and a Bowie...'
    You can tell I haven't been 'back there' in years. Beautiful there.
    Don't worry about finding some other car guys...the HAMB is like the Wolfman. It's everywhere.

11. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Somerset ky is a couple hours away but well worth the trip as they have a cruise every 4th saturday, april thru oct. They even have state road signs saying its the cruise capital of Ky.:)
    Check out the photo gallery on the site. http://somernitescruise.org/

Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
  12. Justin N

Justin N
    from Kentucky

The 26th of this month there is a show in Elizabethtown which isn't to far from Shelbyville. I've heard its a pretty good show. I'm going to try and make it. I think Hotrod Hullabaloo is the last weekend of August in Lexington. Its pre-68 traditional hot rods.

13. 1badbaker

1badbaker

Thanks for all the suggestions and ideas. This will get me started.

14. Gman0046

Gman0046

One thing to remember about Kentucky is if you hear banjo music coming out of the woods, drive faster.