Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Leave Of Absence...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jul 13, 2014.

1. PVTA Jay

PVTA Jay

Sympathies go out to you and your family in this time of mourning. Lost my Dad a week before Thanksgiving last year, it's rough but you get through

2. Sorry to hear your Dad has crossed over to the other side. Godspeed to him on his journey to the great beyond.

3. KnuckleDraggr

KnuckleDraggr

Prayers and condolences sent to you and your family, Ryan. I still am young enough and fortunate enough to have my folks still around and in their mid 50s, but sounds like your relationship with your father was similar to mine with my grandfather who passed away 11 years ago, someone I revered and thought of as the embodiment of family, love, and manhood. It takes a father to make a son, that bond and relationship is becoming more rare with each generation. I hope the pride in him you feel today, and no doubt the pride he had in you, offers you comfort and solace. I hope the support of your friends and family help you to continue to celebrate and cherish your father's life as you have been and you come to peace.

As a new HAMB member, thank you for sharing that little story about him. While brief, it offers a clear perspective on the characters of and relationship of both you and your father - a wonderful blessing.

ETA: With all the other shared comments about other members still healing over deaths or soon to be facing them, I sincerely wish you all strength and fortitude. Stay strong, cherish the memories, celebrate the life taken and don't let future generations grow up without knowing where they came from. For me, being able to teach my kids someday about life lessons, the importance of family, integrity, hard work, and courage by way of their great grandfather that they'll never meet is an absolute honor and privilege.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
  4. Our prayers are with you and your family during this difficult transition.

5. jroberts

jroberts

Ryan know that you and yours are in my thoughts and prayers. Take you time to get back to us. We will miss you for sure, but we are not that important. We will be here when you can come back.

6. cederholm

cederholm

My greatest condolences.

~ Carl

7. Will keep you, and the rest of the family, in my prayers, Ryan. Your post hit me pretty hard this morning.

8. Sorry to hear. Losing a parent is never easy.

9. Bulletnose26

Bulletnose26

My sincere condolences.

10. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

11. raven

raven

My condolences Ryan.
    Dads have the ability to set the direction for their children for a lifetime.
    Your pop did good.
    I remember that run well...
    r

12. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Ryan, sorry to hear about your dad. I lost mine about three years ago, and it doesn't get any easier. Just do what you gotta do and don't worry about the place too much. I'm sure the lights will still be on when you are ready to come back...

13. Anderson

Anderson

Very sorry for your loss Ryan, I can't imagine the feeling. You will prevail.

Posted using the Full Hot Rod H.A.M.B. App

14. I remember that Mercedes and how quick it was, now we know the secret!

Sorry for your loss, I have went down that path myself with both of my parents, so i know you will be busy and have more important things to do than the website. Time will help heal the hurt.

sodbuster likes this.
  15. I felt a great loss when my mother left us (my siblings and me) way to young, but when my father died we felt a mutual relief that the prick was gone! Ryan, be consoled in the fact that your father is worthy of being missed, I don't know that feeling and that saddens me.

16. 55Belairman

55Belairman

Sorry for your loss. Keep the great memories at the top of your thoughts.

17. Marken

Marken

Never an easy situation. My sincere condolences to you and your family.

18. Green49Ford

Green49Ford

19. There are no words at a time like this that have any real importance. Sorry for your loss:(

20. It's a shocking experience when you find out your Dad has passed away. Lots of thoughts and questions arise, some serious, others not so much, as your mind races to process the info. I guess we all experience different things, depending upon our personal relationship.
    The first thing that hit me was that I was now the eldest male in our family. It was a hard reality to face. I had no one to turn to for advice etc.
    The wheel keeps on turning, harbor the good memories, look after your family.
    Vicki and I offer our condolences and will keep your family in our prayers.
    You have a good crew behind you, so I'm sure the office will be fine until you are ready to take command again.

21. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Ironically, I was at that first HAMB Drags ten years ago with my father, who I lost in May of '12. Another Hot Rod guy who also had a big influence on me. We will always miss them, but grateful for the time we had... I even found my own shot of the Ryan and Pops drag race:

Attached Files:

22. Fabrik8

Fabrik8

I just lost mine about month ago on the 6th of June. It's still very, very raw in my heart. Sorry to hear of your loss, make sure to connect with your family but also take some time for yourself away from everything to reflect on him.

All of this (and all of us) will still be here when you're ready to return.

23. roundvalley

roundvalley

Sorry for your loss. I know he left here being very proud of his son!

24. I am so sorry for your loss. You still have all the memories of him. You will cherish them more as time passes.

It has been 34 years since I lost my father. I have the first new car he ever bought, it was my first car and it has taken me thirty years to decide how to build it In a way he would surely enjoy. I work on the car daily and think of him and what he would like to see in it.

Your father may have left this life, but I am sure your memories of him never will leave you. Take time to heal, but know the healing will continue for years, and it is OK.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

25. 59Apachegail

59Apachegail
    from New York

Very sorry for your loss. Our prayers are with you and your family.

26. t-rod

t-rod

So sorry for your loss. I miss my Dad every day.

27. Gman0046

Gman0046

Ryan, my sincere condolences.

Gary

28. hedg12

hedg12

So sorry for your loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

29. hacknwhack

hacknwhack
    from mass

My deepest condolences

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

30. KRB52

KRB52
    from Conneticut

Sorry to hear of your loss, Ryan.