Register now to get rid of these ads!

My 52 Buick project

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by skin_dog1, Jun 27, 2014.

1. skin_dog1

skin_dog1

this will be my first custom build. I've had some tri-5 Chevy trucks and several muscle cars but this will be my first early 50's ride. Right now she's bone stock right down to the 6v generator and oil bath breather. My plans call for a very basic custom
    Build. Skirts, 3-4"drop, wide whites, painted steel wheels and maybe a visor for exterior mods. This winter she may or may not get a paint job but I definitely intend to spruce up the interior. I'd eventually like to hop up the straight 8 with vintage parts but I'm realizing that's gonna be hard. Thinking about dropping in a nail head which probably would've been what a hot rodder of the 60's would've done. Major mods will be left for the winter so the family and I can enjoy it during cruising season. Stay tuned for updates as I progress.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

makesgarage likes this.
  2. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Looks like a cool start. Nice ice cream getter for the kids.

skin_dog1 likes this.
  3. john6shooter

john6shooter
    from texas

4. john6shooter

john6shooter
    from texas

looks like a pretty cool project,i am doing a 51 super and have an extra upper grille end for left side,i see yours is missing,i just had it rechromed but found a complete new old stock assy.if interested give me a shout and good luck on your buick

skin_dog1 likes this.

5. skin_dog1

skin_dog1

Dang john. I just saw this. With the hamb tapatalk app being on the brink I haven't been able to see much here. I bought a pretty rough left and right piece on eBay over the last week. Hopefully they'll both be here by the weeks end. Thanks so much for the offer. A fresh chromed piece probably wouldn't have looked right anyway. I'm not gonna spit shine her, I think she's gonna get more of a rat rod treatment so the pieces don't need to be shiny.

6. john6shooter

john6shooter
    from texas

ya I know what you mean ,then you would have to rechrome everything and that gets pricey.good luck and have fun with her.

7. skin_dog1

skin_dog1

John, looks like I need that left side after all. The one I bought on eBay was suppose to just have a small dent. When I get it it's actually bent nearly straight. Of course when I tried bending it back the pot metal cracked. What you gotta have or yours?

8. LONG

LONG

9. Crazyolman

Crazyolman

I bought a 1952 Buick Super that the ladies in the office called Bob (they said it stood for Big Old Buick) and it was one of the best cars I've had. The straight 8 runs like a top at 70+ and the dynaflow works great if you start out in low then shift to high. The cars that I put big motors in were faster but they sort of lost a little something of the "time machine" effect that Bob had.
    [​IMG]
    Ready For Paint
    [​IMG]
    Ready to Drive

10. flamingokid

flamingokid

11. footbrake

footbrake

WOW!, IT'S BEAUTIFUL, GREAT COLOR

12. PraiseDLowrd

PraiseDLowrd
    from Texas

13. dtracy

dtracy

Dang, BOB looks great, nice color too!

14. john6shooter

john6shooter
    from texas

I just signed in, been busy working on 51,sorry to say but I sold it on e bay last week.if I come across another I will get back to you.i would much rather have seen it on your car than go to Sweden.i have several port hole in good shape if you ever need any.later

15. skin_dog1

skin_dog1

Im totally jazzed! I found a set of www on eBay a few days ago. Guy had a buy it now price of $400. He was
    Located less than an hour from me so I offered him $250, we settled at $300 and I went and picked them up. My fender skirts should be here tomorrow(fingers crossed). Ol black betty is getting ready to look a lot different. Can't wait!

16. skin_dog1

skin_dog1

Got the wide whites, skirts and grill bar extensions installed. Next project is a set of 79 el camino rear coils to drop the rear. Drove her to Elizabethtown a couple weeks ago to a big cruise and had a blast with the family. She handled the 90 minute drive well but the heat was nearly unbearable. Probably gonna go ahead and convert to 12v this winter and put a vintage air unit in.

[​IMG]

17. Y I W O R K

Y I W O R K

Nice project and I look forward to seeing more! I just got my 50 Roadmaster Riviera on the road 8/9/14 after 31 years in storage. All OEM with the 320 Straight Eight and a Dynaflow. Keep plugging away man and keep us posted. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1407726191.882222.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

spinner likes this.
  18. skin_dog1

skin_dog1

That's gorgeous! I love the stance. What did you do to get it low?

19. Y I W O R K

Y I W O R K

Thanks, cut 1.5 coil off the front and went with some Jeep springs in the rear. It's on the bump stops but rides fine. Check out the 'dropping the Buick' thread for more details. I'm also on the same size tire as you.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Kamp likes this.