Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Chassis Research style dragster/Comp Coupe build flathead powered

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by dragsled, Nov 20, 2011.

1. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Especially when we roll by at 75 or 80 mph or 112.6 or 128.7 km in your neck of the woods,,:D:D:D,, Tim Jones

Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
  2. T27owner

T27owner
    from Nebraska

You mean parts of it rolling off:eek::D:D:D. And tell Beth to stay off the top she might fall:p. That is way cool , I like the patina. I say stick with it, no paint yet.

3. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

That's why I carry lots of spare parts:D:D:D as far as Beth goes , she's outta control :eek: But you should already know that from her working for you:rolleyes:,, Can't aford to paint it right now anyway ,, so the patina stays,,, Tim Jones

fenderless likes this.
  4. they usually are...................

fenderless likes this.
  5. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

And we aren't? o_O

6. pumpman

pumpman

I have not seen an updates on Beth's build, soooooo hows she doin on it?

7. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

Women are always out of control we are just organized,:p men on the other hand are just out of control in genreal.o_O I am part Billy Goat so climbing on stuff is normal. Now I am older it just takes more finess.:rolleyes:

8. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

Well Tim's ever so cool truck was #1 thing to get done :cool:. We really want to get the car ready so people can see it, and of course the truck too. So my project is on hold for now, I have replaced car time with fishing time:)One of my other odd hobbies, oh I catch, clean &cook the fish myself, no guys needed for that project.:oops: I really want to get Tim's stuff on the road I'm ready to show off his awsome work...:D

9. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

Bob I don't fall off stuff I just get bit by stuff remember.:rolleyes: The old paint needs to stay History on wheels.:)

10. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

We buildt the push bar bumper this week,, Tim Jones

Attached Files:

11. kinda looks like Mater

12. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

I asked Beth this AM " What the heck is a Mater" She laughed and said Mater was the tow truck on the movie Cars,:D:D:D:D, Tim Jones

13. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

So Tim asked about Mater...:rolleyes: If I did not know better I would swear that man lives in a box:confused:. ( full of car parts but a box all the same ) o_O Just Tim being Tim:D

14. you need to get him out more Beth..............

15. pumpman

pumpman

Really dig the truck. Tim, do you think you built that push bar strong enough? That will definitely clear a path for you going down the road. I know if I saw that behind me I'd move over.

16. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

:D:D:D:D Actually the push bar weighs less than the bumper and brush guard that was on the 89,,,,, Move over Rover the big dogs back in town:eek:,, Tim Jones

17. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Even though we are short on cash to put into the race car we're still makeing stuff for the hauler, We made the smaller push bar for the car , because of how the fiat body fits the dragster we had to make sure it wouldn't hit the body pushing it through the pits, also awhile ago I made a contraption to help loading the car, and made it so we didn't need as long of ramps ,,it worked good But I was worried that the wheels I used would not hold the weight of the complete car, So I got some shorter and stronger wheels to use instead, should work better,, Tim Jones

Attached Files:

18. Just so you don't feel lonely here is my friend Mike Sietsma's car. He has had it to two races now. He also saw an old CH R drawing and that got him building. Took him a couple of years.
    don

Attached Files:

19. Keep on truckin Tim................

20. pumpman

pumpman

Neat wheel set-up, is that attached to the frame?

21. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

No, It sides in the lower rail and gets pinned in place when loading and unloading

22. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Mike has a pretty cool looking car, I believe I'm on 3 years now:(

That's all a guy can do Carl, Still haveing fun building it tho

23. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Well today Beth got her first unplaned drive in the race car, We decided to move the car to one of the barns the sled dogs have access to,Figuring most theives wouldn't want to go through 9 large dogs to get to the race car:eek:, plus we can park the hauler right ahead of it, we decided to hook the car and truck together at the push bar beings there's no brakes on the racer yet, Seemed like a good plan:rolleyes: well on the first push the strap breaks and off she goes down the hill ,first I thought she would stick it in the cattail marsh beside the dog pen, but she turns past that around the corner past the dog pen and the barn and rolls about 50 more yards to a stop holding her fist up as a signal for me to stop pushing, I then relized she didn't know she was rolling free:D After her fist Oh Shits, she said she was thinking ,He told me he would push me slow , But this seems really fast:eek::eek: She drove it like a pro:D Tim Jones PS Part of the securty team looks on wondering "what the hell are they doing now"

Attached Files:

24. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Next project.......Make the brakes work on the race car! :eek:
    Actually Tim, that sounds like something my wife and I would do. o_O

25. Now that gave me a real chuckle go getum Beth!!!

26. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Incase you haven't read Beth's model T build lately , She broke the C2 vertebra in her neck, She goes in for surgery tomorrow to repair the break they have to pin and screw two of them together , to fix it , about a 3 or 4 hour surgery , and long recovery, doctor said she won't beable to drive the race car or run her dogsled for atleast a year, BUT aleast she will do it again, not fixing it could turn out very bad for her if she fell wrong, Her spirts are high and she just wants to get it done and start getting better, So keep her in your thoughts tomorrow ,,, Tim and Beth 101_7886.jpg 101_8862.jpg

27. cowboyinachair

cowboyinachair
    from colorado

good luck beth i know first hand the bad side of breaking your neck i broke c4 c5 and by my name you know the end result

28. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Hey Tim, let Beth know that we're keeping her in our thoughts. Here's to a successful repair and full recovery.

29. loudbang

loudbang

Good luck Beth and keep your head up :rolleyes:

30. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Surgery went OK,when they got in there they desided the pinning and screwing them wouldn't work so they ened up haveing to wire the two vertebras together, took about 4 hours, she's doing OK considering, she got up and walked around her room last night, well I better get stuff done here and get back up to the hospital,, Thanks again ,, Tim Jones