Register now to get rid of these ads!

Do Any Of You Gray Beards Remember

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bib Overalls, Sep 20, 2012.

1. roundvalley

roundvalley

Off subject a little but I got a ride in Ken Fuhrmans roadster once in 1954 in Napa, Ca. I was 16 years old. 60 years ago!
    Something you never forget!

2. I remember pushing the Mysterion into the Ram Rods Show in 1963 or 64. It was on tour from Promotions Inc. The frame was just about to fall apart, the engines had most of the guts removed (to save weight) and there was a big sticky stain on the drivers side top edge where something had been spilled on it and then let dry. The poor thig was a total mess. I heard later that Ed was so disgusted with the whole car show and car itself that he just threw it out back of his shop and forgot about it.
    I did meet Ed years later at another show, he was agreat guy, I was always impressed.

3. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

Thanks for the clarification. I respect Ed and admire his work but he was an artist not an engineer. If you examine his work closely you will see many things that are not logically or mechanically correct, but look great or have a dramatic effect.

I prefer to think of his works as rolling sculptures built to a closely defined aesthetic of a small California subculture of his time. As cars they stink, as art they are sublime.

4. Is this the car you are referring to? HRP

hrdp-march-1958-cover.jpg

5. Do you remember exactly where on the frame the break was occuring?