Register now to get rid of these ads!

1953 Chevy - 1954 Chevy Parts Interchange

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JSanford1974, Apr 5, 2010.

1. JSanford1974

JSanford1974

I'm new around here. Been lurking for awhile. But I recently sold my 68 Camaro project and bought a 1953 Chevy 2dr Hardtop/Sport Coupe. The car has a new paint job and needs put back together. But I'm needing some parts to finish mine. I've found a 1954 Chevy 4 dr that has been wrecked that I want to use for parts and then part out the rest. Most of the car is still in good shape. I've searched, but still haven't found any answers. Here are some of the parts I need that I'm thinking will interchange. I'm just wondering if some of you guys could verify they will interchange.

1. Front and rear Seats and carpet - Mine are original and the parts car has a fairly new custom interior. Color will work fine. I was thinking about buying a new interior kit. But I can get the whole car cheaper (like $700 cheaper) than an interior kit will cost me.
    2. Starter
    3. Rear bumper
    4. Rear taillight assembly's
    5. Front Door handles
    6. The air tubes under the hood. (I'm not sure what they are called).
    7. Rear fender rock guards.
    8. Add - Headliner

I know most of the 2dr vs 4dr parts will not work. But if some of the parts above work. It may be worth buying it for parts.
    Thanks.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2010
  2. wvenfield

wvenfield

Are the 4 door mud gaurds different than the 2 door? (thinking out loud). That should be the only questionable part.

Swapping 54 tailights onto a 53 was a very popular swap.

While the 4 door seat will fit, it won't fold forward. Carpet will be a little different also but you should still be able to use it with some trimming.

3. huskersnb2

huskersnb2
    from nebraska

The bumpers are different rock gaurd are same unless four door. If u want a 54 grille have to.change wbole front clip all others will work i.just sold my hardtop. So i might be able to assist u message me. Later from nenebraska

4. seats are different,2dr. seats fold for rear access, 2dr. and 4dr. interior are different.

5. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

as stated 4 door front seats don't have folding backs to get in the back seat. you won't be able to use the rear seat either. hardtop (no post) cars have their own unique seats.