Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Kustom Kar Photos from the 60's

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fuzz991, Oct 9, 2009.

1. fuzz991

fuzz991

bob k....
    your car reminds me of tony rizzo chevy back in the 50-60's, face it there aren't any tuff cars around today to match it, and probaly near will, did you ever see kleviechs from st.charles, ill, its another 51' conv. Custom....fuzzy

2. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Did Deaner Pass? :(

3. RodP

RodP

Is this a picture of Mandy Holder. I know the Car is Mandy's Merc.
    RodP

Attached Files:

4. Buick59

Buick59
    from in a house

WOW, what a great picture thread!!!!!! Again, WOW.

5. CHOPMERC

CHOPMERC

Yes, thats Mandy Holder...

6. jonnycola

jonnycola

That's my old 56 crown Vic. I sold it to a guy in Maine. Was it for sale at Hershey or just in the show? I'll dig up some more recent pictures. It was exactly the same as it was in the 1961 pictures except it was missing the latham blower.

7. Insane 1

Insane 1
    from Ennis TX

The Ford w/the backwards 55 trim is hard on my brain!!!

So used to seeing the trim the other way all my life I can't wrap my head around it...kinda kool idea, but makes the car look funny at the same time.

8. I wonder if the car was commisioned by Brooks and actually built by The Besasies...Rays Senior and Junior...??? Jonnycola will know....I worked for Excalibur in the mid 70's and many of those collaborations were stored at the Museum in Port Washington.....Centurion9

9. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

Fuzz;

Any chance you might have some pictures from the early 60's, Chicago area, of a 55 chevy 4 door chopped, metalflake, by George (?) Liddle. Do you even remember the car? Thanks. Stu

10. Stu - I really, really need to see more pictures of your avatar!

11. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Hey Fuzzy, great to see you on here...you got any shots of my rad '57 in show form back in '66 or '67...??? I know Jerry Eich does but I'm curious if you do...

HUGE plug here...Fuzzy has been around forever...you can read a story of his youthful antics in my book "Recollections, Regrets & Random Acts", available at my website below.

R-

12. jonnycola

jonnycola

Yeah, it was built by Ray between 1959 and 1961. I just looked up those pictures in hemmings. It looks great, but it's a shame they added that ugly continental kit. The guy I bought it from, got it from the museum when they liquidated it.

13. Thanks Jonny....I used to spend quite a bit of time in the Museum......as an employee, we got to see a lot of things that were never on display. I loved your car. When I worked there, Ray Jr. crawled under my '70 Catalina 2Dr Hardtop and dropped it via heated coils before the car was painted in the Excalibur shop....Lowered, Painted Gold, Wide Whites and '57 Caddy Caps with Red Ambulance Red Bullets in the centers.....All around '73....Yeah, it was different....... Thanks......Centurion9

Last edited: Oct 15, 2009
  14. jonnycola

jonnycola

Do you happen to remember if the Crown Victoria has the Blower on it when it was in the museum? By the time I got it, it just had a two barrel manifold on it... but it still would lay rubber better than any car I've ever had.

430 Mercury Motor w/roller cam. T10 four speed, '60 jaguar disc brakes all around, 59 mercedes buckets in all four corners.... man that car was FAST. I remember having an engine dyno writeup on the engine when it had the Latham w/4 yh's and it was just over 500hp.

15. arca39

arca39
    from summit il

hey fuzz, your here now too. hey get a hold of me, finleys and i still want to come out and look at all of dave's stuff you got. Tom

16. I am definitely a west coast guy style wise. Some nice cars in here, especially the Corvair, but most aren't really my style. Cool old pics though.

17. fat141

fat141

Less talk, more pictures please lol

18. Awesome thread!

Can't believe Norm's Kookie Car after it was repainted and owned by Jim Street passed by without anyone commenting.....

Attached Files:

19. Jonny....the last time I was at the Museum we were there to load some old Indy Racing Cars for display at local Hotels....I didn't see your car at that time....I'm thinking 1974 by then.....Sorry for the delay...Centurion9

20. Bull

Bull

So check it out, fuzz991 posted a pic of a 35 Ford Truck called "Lil Ebony" I have been dieing to see a picture of this truck since my uncle and my dad first told me stories about it when I was a young child. I had made this post trying to locate it a couple years ago: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/<wbr>forum/showthread.php?t=233033. And got no response. I NEED to find this truck now -- especially since I have the flathead from it that my uncle pulled out before selling the truck and going to Vietnam. I'd be grateful for any information about the truck!
    [​IMG]

21. 49coupe

49coupe

Does anyone have any more information on this car? There are some more shots on Rikster's site, but I'd love to get more info. I know it was featured in a couple of magazines, but I don't know which ones.

Thanks

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

22. alumslot

alumslot

I bought some 60's Car Craft on evilbay. I don't have a scanner so I'm trying a photo of the mag hope this works.

Attached Files:

23. joes54woodchevy

joes54woodchevy

24. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I was playing with my scanner tonight and while digging for some other photos found this one of the old Lorne Sharpe 56 Buick just about the first time after Paul Harper pulled it out of the garage after restoring it to it's early 60's show trim. I've got a Seattle Rod show Program from the early sixties with it listed in it.
    [​IMG]
    The gent in front of it is noted upholstry guy Bob Jasper calculating what it was going to take to do a proper interior.

25. Great thread,just when it seems like kustoms are fading on the HAMB ...... Here comes a good kustom thread! DIG IT !!!!

26. TSEDAN

TSEDAN
    from Fresno,Ca

Great pics!!

27. Btt..................

28. 1958 IMPALA

1958 IMPALA
    from CA

Does anyone remember Ala Impala out of IL. shown at Chicago World of Wheels & Morton Grove in the early 1960's? I'm looking for pics of the car.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

29. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

ha I checked that pic out and thought it looked familiar