Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Racing Accident Sunday at Immokalee Raceway

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Green Rodz, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Immokalee is run on an old airport runway, very worn and aged. 1/8 track.

2. Green Rodz

Green Rodz

It is.
    When I was on Youtube searching for video of this crash, I found one from this winter at Immokalee. It was a bad crash, lots of fire. The video was maybe a minute and a half long or so. An emergency crew nor fire truck ever showed up. People in plain clothes put out the fire and pulled the guy out. Not a place I personally want to be racing...but that's just me.

3. Green Rodz

Green Rodz

A user here sent me a link to a guy with a bunch of 33 34 35 chevy original steel.
    That should help.

4. pitman

pitman

A good metalman can work wonders with what is there!
    Even the badly bruised fender, you'd be surprised how it turns out.

Last edited: May 3, 2016
  5. 1939STREETROD

1939STREETROD

my friend might have a set of steel fenders...i will check with him - if you still need them, let me know.....johnnyb

6. summersshow

summersshow
    from NC

Insurance...

Not always correct... Depends on your insurance... I have hagerty on most of my cars... I have a 1 of 2 built 1954 TR race cars and its insured to be on a track, along with an ot car... I wrecked the TR 2 years ago... hit the pit wall backwards going about 45... (foot slipped off clutch)... and they paid to fix it...

Sadly this is just part of racing... Shit happens... and it sucks...

7. Green Rodz

Green Rodz

1939streetrod please find out and then send me your contact info. Thanks!

8. Green Rodz

Green Rodz

Summersshow I'm going to mention that to him.

9. Mark C.

Mark C.

Sad to see the damage, but shit happens when you drive your car. Could be on a track, could be on the street. If you use it, it can break, simple as that. Cars were made to drive, and I have to say it makes me a little sad inside when I see a beautiful car that never sees the road - what's the point? Get out there, make memories, let the public see what real cars look like driving down the road or going down the track. We're not going to live forever, so why save it for the "next guy" to enjoy?

Sorry, bit of a rant, but I don't think it's right for folks to criticize the guy for enjoying his car. Too bad it got wrinkled, but it looks fixable.

That said, it's also a wake up call for all of us to be aware that most of our iron is 40+ years old, even the "new" running gear on much older stuff. Get around and under your car and keep an eye on stuff - not to say that this particular failure would have been prevented, but a lot of stuff can be prevented by a simple visual check.

Looking forward to seeing the progress on the resurrection of this beautiful '35.

10. ev88f

ev88f

I don't really see anybody criticizing him too much for racing. I do agree with you of course, we live in a world where somebody can total your car and not even look up from their phone. Not to mention storms and fire taking a car along with the garage etc. At least his car can be put back together and enjoyed again and thankfully he wasn't hurt.

11. Mark C.

Mark C.

Sorry, didn't mean to make it sound like a mass condemnation, just reacting to one or two posts really. But not the first time I've heard it in other cases either.

You're right, the main thing is no injuries - all else can be put back together.

12. It amazes me how many people do not read what is written and then comment in a wise ass way.

That sucks for your friend. Unfortunately that is just the price you pay if you play. and the reason why people have trailer queens. It looks fixable, and if it is his dream car he should fix it. It saved his life once, now its his time to return the favor.