Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Lost '38

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Ryan, Feb 17, 2014.

1. My opinion? Well, sure.... Color? Needs to be blue, black or dark green. Wheels? Single bar Hollywood flipper caps. Blackwalls. Taller tires. Body? Needs ribbed bumpers with taillights in the bumper guards. Remove current taillights. Lose the flush streetrod gas cap. Lose the hood ornament. Sink the rear plate into the decklid with a clear cover. Shaved door handles is a toss up. I'd keep em for the prewar look you are heading for. Oh.... and DON'T lower it........

2. Epy

Epy

Clean cut I was thinking of blue,taller tyres,and ribbed bumpers, so I'm with you there.
    As for the lowering - no way I've just lifted the front 5 inch and dropped the rear 1 inch so we're in agreement with that as well
    Thanks for your input....

3. nowaxn5

nowaxn5

Epy, your car is already great! As said before the wheels are far to small and for my taste a large whitewall or blackwall with flippers. Somehow everyone thinks you can't run whitewalls anymore... that was so last year. Alot of early customs did, some didn't. I like both. I like the maroon, but I love greens, think of Sledge's Merc. I'm a fan of Appleton's so one would be great, two would be better. A front bumper is a must in my opinion. I'm ok with the tail lights and even the gas door. You could recoupe some money by selling the hood ornament but I'd keep the door handles, just get them to sit right.

Great car though and I'd LOVE to drive that thing!!!

4. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Ryan, what's happening with your own '38? I recall that Keith was repurposing it, but haven't seen any news in a very long time. Please catch us up.

5. dechrome

dechrome

That picture and other Valley Customs cars were certainly an inspiration for my modification of a 39 Ford Std. coupe. The idea of a 39 std convertible that weren't built also was a factor.
    IMG_0411.JPG

6. This isn't a '38 but it's got green paint, blackwall 6.00x16s, 36 top chop # 22 006 (640x480).jpg and Appleton 112s.

7. Yep! Mr. Conrad has built one fine ride! It's one of my favorite early style customs.