Register now to get rid of these ads!

History 1960's Robert Hegge Hot Rod Show Photos

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by hotrodarchaeologist, Dec 4, 2011.

1. 1947vert

1947vert
    from Minnesota

The "T" was built and owned for many years by Cy Kubista. Cy was an instructor at the regional correctional facility in Red Wing Minnesota and a member of the Roadsters Twin Cities.

2. alphabet soup

alphabet soup
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

3. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Missed this thread, thanks for posting. Wish we knew dates . . . how do we know it is all 1960's?

Either T's ruled or Bob just loved them, I suppose there are many clues to date this stuff.

4. spinout

spinout
    from Dallas, TX

Lotta T-Buckets. Well done ones.

5. A Boner

A Boner

Pic#5......Joe Wilhelm "T"........that thing is one of a few really wild T's that I actually like.

6. Sakke

Sakke
    from Finland

Thanks for all these cool pics !!! Please post more those awesome photos !!!

7. Want to build a 60's show rod?
    Here's your blueprints and text book boys and girls.
    Love this trip back in time.

8. Dude(s)- I think the plate says 'Little Red Wagon'. Anyway, Gotlouvers said..

Thanks HotRodArchaeologist. Super archaeology.:cool:

Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
  9. :):):):):)

10. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I'd sure like to see an overall shot of this car...

11. This is the Miller Gregory NHRA Championship car from London Ontario....we've got the motor sitting in our ELTA shop on a stand. One great drag car also own at one time by Scott Wilson (first dragster driver to hit 200 offically in Canada)

Attached Files:

12. Ol Blue

Ol Blue
    from In

wrong pic

Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
  13. alphabet soup

alphabet soup
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Anyone know if that '32 (#6) was ever in a magazine?

14. skinnydude

skinnydude

Thanks For Taking The Time To Make Such A Great Thread !!!!!!!!!

15. Budp420

Budp420
    from Eastcoast

just looking through this thread and saw a pic of my fathers model a pickup.it is picture number 24. he still owners the truck,but it looks very different now. he continues to show it and several other cars that he has.He is a regular at all the local cruise nights. and he is 86 years old! thanks for putting up these photos,I remember a lot of those cars .Bud Pearce

16. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

I worked the same shows as Bob. He started covering shows in the 60's and I don't believe he was around as much into the 70's. He was an older man in the 60's, so he probably had retired by then.

To my knowledge, he wasn't a car guy per se, but rather, an all around journalist who started shooting cars because there was a market for the magazine articles. Bob Larivee also kept him very busy covering (and thereby helping to publicize) his shows.

17. Great pictures. I can remeber shows like that, in fact they had a big influence on me.

18. 3340

Thank You , That's A Lot Of Time To Get All Those Pictures On,I Enjoyed Them.

19. hallrods

hallrods

Great photos thanks for posting them! Do you have any from shows in Wisconsin?

20. goon56

goon56
    from new jersey

i saw this car three years ago in a warm garage all dusty

21. eaglebeak

eaglebeak

When we were doing the car show thing, we would see Bud Pearce at most of them.
    I think the "4 Bees" were his kids names or names of his family.
    DJ from Punk's Pickup. Pics 25, 29, 33 and 34

22. [
    Hi Elvis;
    Good to hear that the ELTA has taken good care of the motor.
    The roadster it'self became a street rod and may very well still be around,but not in the same configuration.

Rick

QUOTE=Fast Elvis;9423358]This is the Miller Gregory NHRA Championship car from London Ontario....we've got the motor sitting in our ELTA shop on a stand. One great drag car also own at one time by Scott Wilson (first dragster driver to hit 200 offically in Canada)[/QUOTE]

23. High5

High5

Gotta agree.

It seems like today's participants at indoor shows lack interest in displaying their cars. They just park them and let the promoter's figure out what to do next. Ground cover, lights, past awards, emergency equipment, all played a role in captivating your eye. It would be nice to see more of that today.

24. [/QUOTE]

Hey Rick....thanks.....but your the guy that did all the work great bringing it back to life brother.

25. Elvis;
    THAT roadster was built by Ridler Bros (around 1959),when they lived in London..Sold to Scott Wilson,Roger Miller & Glenn Gregory,Brown Bros,Brooke DeShawe, Jack Swanson had it for awhile..A guy name Crane bought it and turned it in to a street rod..

Rick

Hey Rick....thanks.....but your the guy that did all the work great bringing it back to life brother.[/QUOTE]

26. [/QUOTE]

Thanks Rick....you still amaze me with all the history that you know....."you da man".

27. Terriffic pics from days gone by.....some great ideas I would like to steal!

28. XALTERED

XALTERED

#9 that is our car! 1934 Ford The X-Altered. Built by Dave Puhl. Love seeing it from back in the day. Any way to get a copy of it?

29. XALTERED

XALTERED

Yes it is. It was built for my uncle by Puhl. We now own it.

30. fadt

fadt
    from England

Made my weekend just looking at your pictures. Thanks