Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Soda Blasting cost??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by soda4u2, Jul 3, 2014.

1. soda4u2

soda4u2

Could anyone give me a average cost of soda blasting my 1930 A coupe, body and doors. I understand prices are different depending on where you live. I would just like to have some idea of the cost before I pursue it! Thanks- Jimmy

2. gtowagon

gtowagon

I would stay away from soda and use the dustless blast guys had my 31 pontiac stripped for 1000 to soda blast would have been 950 both prices can be lower depending on your location

3. soda4u2

soda4u2

What is the dustless blast guys??

4. They use water with crushed glass to strip. It's cleaner and faster. It's dustless because the water keeps the dust from blowing all over. Check youtube for videos and demos.

5. A small model A would likely be less than $600 but hard to throw a number out there without looking at it.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

6. soda4u2

soda4u2

Does anyone in Texas do it ?

7. Search the web for one in your area

8. skoh73

skoh73

We are near Milwaukee and had a guy dry ice blast my buddy's Comet Caliente. It cost around $450. Don't know if you have any of those resources by you, but I can tell you clean up is a breeze- everything evaporates.

9. Would like to see the dry ice method.Soda there is a shop in SA that does good work and a couple of I man operations.Try google in your area.

10. the violator

the violator

soda will not remove ANY rust and can cause adhesion problems if not neutralized properly.i usually DA with 80 grit any thing i can and then take it to my media blaster.

11. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Doesn't it rust like right away? Or I should ask how is the blasted item kept from rusting quickly?

12. A rust inhibitor is added to your slurry as well as your rinse hose. I have parts I blasted 3 months ago and are still bare with no rust.

13. gtowagon

gtowagon

They put a rust inhibitor in the water you should be ready to prime in 2 days

14. gfr220

gfr220

Go to Craiglist in Dallas Tx they have dustless blasting available. This was a Houston company that developed this. They actually developed this for Nasa.

15. They used it to restore the Statute of Liberty also in 1986. For the flash rust they use Holdtight 102 rust preventative to the mix when blasting to keep it from happening.