Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Crusin Customs & John Kouw Whereabouts

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by KruzerKid, Jun 6, 2014.

1. KruzerKid

KruzerKid

buick.JPG

Greetings to the Board,
    I wanted to track down some history on a 55 Buick custom that my dad purchased in 1989. This was his pride and joy ride which he treasured up to his passing 2 years ago. I have just now gotten to the point of pulling it out of storage and with a few minor repairs it is now back out on the road.

I want to get in contact with the builder of this car to get some history on the build but have been unable to reach him. Does anyone know if John is still in business under Crusin Customs and can be contacted?

From what I know the car was built by John Kouw from Holland Michigan in 1983/1984. The 55 Buick sits on a 76 Olds chassis, has tilt front nose and trunk, 4 1/2" chop job, 3" body channel over the frame, lift off Carson style top, handmade custom rear tail and electric doors to name some of its features. Going to have to sell this - have too many other restorations going on for a car that needs to get back out on the road. Wanted as much background on the car that I could get.
    Thanks!
    John L.

2. no55mad

no55mad

I believe he is still in the Holland area but no longer in business.

3. Hi, I've always loved your dad's Buick. Send me a PM or email me at [email protected], and I can help you get in touch with John Kouw. Thank you!