Register now to get rid of these ads!

1934 Ford Vicky Build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Salt Flats Speed Shop, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Salt Flats Speed Shop

Salt Flats Speed Shop
    from Utah

Its been a while since I've worked on this project. But I finished up all the other projects I was working on for the past year, so now its back on to finish up the sheet metal on this one.

Here is the firewall welded up, just got to finish up the bottom edges:

[​IMG]

2. Salt Flats Speed Shop

Salt Flats Speed Shop
    from Utah

Next thing I started on was repairing the bottom of the drivers door. I first made an outer skin and flipped the edge the same as the door.

[​IMG]

Then I was able to trim out the inner skin to gain access for welding the outer skin.

[​IMG]

Next thing was I fitted the outer skin, marked where to trim, and got the bottom skin fitting ready to start welding.

[​IMG]

Then I final welded the outer skin, and worked it smooth.

[​IMG]

Next I had to repair the bottom of the inner skin, and get the inner skin back into the car.

[​IMG]

Here is the finished door.

[​IMG]

3. Salt Flats Speed Shop

Salt Flats Speed Shop
    from Utah

Next was to start repairing the bottom of the car. I laid the body on its side so that I could work my repairs. I first started with the cowl, got the outer piece shaped, then trimmed out the bottom so that I could repair the inner sub rail.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After the subrail was fixed I welded in the bottom of the cowl, and started making the rocker panel. We had an aftermarket rocker panel, but it didn't fit at all. So I had to make one from scratch to follow the shape of the door and subrail.

[​IMG]

Next I'm repairing the bottom of the subrail where the rocker panel attatches.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Subscribed.

5. Salt Flats Speed Shop

Salt Flats Speed Shop
    from Utah

I made from scratch the rocker panel, Its been back and forth on the car to get all the curves right. And I've been using it as a reference to rebuild all the sub rails. Next is to get the quarter panel patch fitting, and rebuild the sub rails under it.

[​IMG]