Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

1956 Chevy 150 2 door Handyman Hot Rod Wagon - 350/700R4 - Rowdy!

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by Dandingo, Jun 29, 2014.

1. Dandingo

Dandingo

City: Redondo Beach

State: California
    Price: 16,400
    *Video added:

This is one of the saddest days of my life. We absolutely hate to do this but sometimes life forces you to make unforseen sacrifices. All of the following has less than 2000 miles on them and the recent brand new carburetor, tune up, flywheel and starter have less than 25 miles.

Up for sale is my beloved and very rare 1956 Chevy 150 2 door Handyman wagon that has been a father/son project for the last 7-8 or so years. My dad and I bought this from my cousin in Northern California. It had been sitting in a barn since the '70s prior to my cousin owning it and had been set up as a gasser.

When we got it, we completely cleaned and undercoated the car, removed and restored the stock 3:70 rear end, added 3" lowering springs and shocks up front and 1.5" blocks and shocks in the rear by Jamco. We put 4 wheel disc brakes as well as a power brake booster on and it rides and stops like a beast! We also had a 350 professionally built and it's putting out around 300HP and 375ft/lbs of torque. Very fun and and VERY quick! it's all backed by a 700R4 transmission with a Lokar shifter and cruises at 85 at very low RPMs. We just had the car professionally tuned and put a brand new Edelbrock carburetor on. The wagon runs absolutely perfect and mechanically it is sound. We also refurbished the heating system and it does have heat.

All this car needs is paint and interior and you have an absolutely killer hot rod wagon! There is some surface rust on the paint but, overall, it is extremely straight and virtually no bodywork is needed. There is also a small amount of rust on the floor, as shown in one of the photos, but is an easy fix. Other than that, this thing is ready to be finished and doesn't need much to get there, either. All of the interior and exterior trim is included and will come with the car.

The car is registered and we have the title in our names. I know that there is plenty that I'm missing but this is all I can think of at the moment. If you are genuinely serious about the car, feel free to give me a call at 424.257.0116. I would prefer no text messages. Also, there are absolutely NO joyrides and a deposit will be required to test drive the car by serious buyers. I am an honest guy and have described the car to the absolute best of my ability. The photos should speak for themselves. Thanks and have a great day!

[​IMG]1956_chevy_wagon_-1 by Dan R Solomon, on Flickr
    [​IMG]1956_chevy_wagon_-4 by Dan R Solomon, on Flickr
    [​IMG]1956_chevy_wagon_-5 by Dan R Solomon, on Flickr
    [​IMG]1956_chevy_wagon_-6 by Dan R Solomon, on Flickr
    [​IMG]1956_chevy_wagon_-8 by Dan R Solomon, on Flickr
    [​IMG]1956_chevy_wagon_-9 by Dan R Solomon, on Flickr
    [​IMG]1956_chevy_wagon_-10 by Dan R Solomon, on Flickr
    [​IMG]1956_chevy_wagon_-15 by Dan R Solomon, on Flickr
    [​IMG]1956_chevy_wagon_-18 by Dan R Solomon, on Flickr
    [​IMG]1956_chevy_wagon_-19 by Dan R Solomon, on Flickr
    [​IMG]1956_chevy_wagon_-22 by Dan R Solomon, on Flickr
    [​IMG]1956_chevy_wagon_-25 by Dan R Solomon, on Flickr
    [​IMG]1956_chevy_wagon_-26 by Dan R Solomon, on Flickr

Last edited: Jul 3, 2014
    Indigo Blue likes this.
  2. Dandingo

Dandingo

BTTT. No trades, please.

3. Dandingo

Dandingo

BTTT. Video added!

4. Dandingo

Dandingo

5. Dandingo

Dandingo

Up, up and away!

6. Dandingo

Dandingo

Movin' on up ...

7. Dandingo

Dandingo

Lots of interest but nothing concrete. Let's do this!

8. Dandingo

Dandingo

Back on up...

9. Dandingo

Dandingo