Register now to get rid of these ads!

History NHRA Junior Stock

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by colesy, Aug 12, 2007.

1. BadNews

BadNews

Here's a photo of it...

Attached Files:

2. BadNews

BadNews

I found it today...

Attached Files:

3. BadNews

BadNews

Pictures of the old Biscayne and the Bel Sir I had until last year.....

Attached Files:

4. BadNews

BadNews

Here are some shots of the car....

Attached Files:

speedyb likes this.
  5. BadNews

BadNews

I found the pictures I was talking about .... Brian Heyney's car and one of my Biscaynes...

Attached Files:

6. BadNews

BadNews

I haven't heard anything since I saw it last at Raceway Park .... It was a long time ago.
    See photo ...

Attached Files:

7. BadNews

BadNews

My friend Tom bought Claude's '57 wagon. He removed the lettering, decals, fender well headers and slicks and put it on the street. It was still an extremely clean wagon. We both worked at a Sunoco gas station in Piscataway, NJ down the road from Truppi's shop on Route 22 and ran a '56 Chevy SS/R.

Attached Files:

8. BadNews

BadNews

This car inspired my first car purchase .... A '55 Chevy with a 327 w/ 12.5:1 compression, a 4 speed and a 4.56 posi. It was the fastest car in high school, beating some '69 GTX with a 4 speed and a 4.10 posi.

Attached Files:

9. Finn Jensen

Finn Jensen
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This was interesting and well worth watching. Many thanks for the heads-up.

10. sstk100

sstk100
    from Omaha

Can anyone tell me who owned the maroon 56 ? I had a Jr Stocker just like it (removed chrome trim, tach on dash, etc, but was painted white).....that I sold in the late 60's...I ran at the old Omaha Dragway, and later by whoever bought the car at maybe Cornhusker Raceway Park. Trying to trace down my old car if possible.

11. Hydrophobia Delivery

Hydrophobia Delivery

I figured it was a good day to test the Delivery out before York/ Beaver at the old airstrip turned industrial park close to my house so I trailered the car over . I learned several lessons today about people will come out whenever they hear open headers even if your just checking it for brakes and shifting it etc. The more you stand in it or line lock it the more people come out. Then The Industrial Park security shows up angry and he's not a loud car, drag race fan so as I get it loaded on the stretcher during his rant and strapped down the Clownship police show up. Being all of about 14 years old they didn't know what it was but suggested strongly I take it back where it came from and in a hurry. So an old dog can still learn new tricks. It needs the brakes adjusted anyhow.....
    See you guys at York .....

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

12. Hydrophobia Delivery

Hydrophobia Delivery

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1402777746.999213.jpg

Self explanatory!!

13. drag race

drag race
    from delaware

had a wonderful day at cecil county drag way saturday june 14 as they held their 6th annual old time reunion. what a nice group of cars and the quality of these cars is top notch.

14. Hydrophobia Delivery

Hydrophobia Delivery

Attention in the pits!! Junior Stockers to Lane 1 & 2 !!!!!

Were about 2 weeks off from the York Musclecar Madness Junior Stock reunion. Last minute stuff going on for sure. This is a reminder that if you are bringing a car, be advised that there will be a photographer there to take full advantage of a bunch of old Junior Stockers converging on the York Expo Center at one time. The general consensus is that Thursday July 10th at Noon is when the majority of the Stockers will try to arrive. We can only park them all together if we can get there together. There will NEVER be another time when so many show up at once in one place to be together. There will be a " bench race/ Drivers meeting " on Saturday at the Expo center . The time will be announced shortly. If you ever raced one, wrenched on one, were crew for one or just grew up watching them then please make it a point to make York this year. This Stocker Reunion will never occur again. Not in these numbers . Come see old friends , bring your stories to share with the group . Since nobody ever cheated and these cars flew, some of these stories ought to be pretty good. Every year someone from the sport passes on or can no longer participate. Please, take advantage of your ability to make it one more time, in 2014. Make somebody else's day by seeing your friends and competition again at York. Need more info?? York Musclecar Madness web site. Darwin Doll has worked extremely hard this year on this one especially. Come and see him as well. If he threw you out for tech in 1969, it's not to late to bring that up!! Please do.....

Thanks

15. 65deluxe

65deluxe

This will be the end all, be all of Junior Stock meetings. The Ronca Bros. '56 Chevy will be present, McMasters-Gunnings original '57, Wayne Jesels is beating the clock to have his Yoo Hoo Too clone present. The Marv Ripes, John Barkley '57 Chevy will be present. You know, the one on the cover of the Junior Stock book (and July '68 car craft). The recently restored, Dianna-Ripes Corvette will be there as well. Marv will be making a rare appearance along with Gary Glover among countless other cars and stars (I know, Im missing a bunch). The Junior Stockers will be at Beaver Springs Sunday (Sunday, Sunday), making passes just as they did 44 years ago.
    Rumor has it that this may be the last York Reunion. That in itself is enough of a reason to attend this fine show.

16. jb 1955

jb 1955

how can i get my hands on one of those york2014 decals they will be a sure collectors item

17. jb 1955

jb 1955

not sure who to ask about york 2014 decal will the be for sale anywhere , would look great on any vintage racer especially mine

18. KickinAsphalt

KickinAsphalt
    from Pa

How about if you own one now? some friends and I are going to try and make it and one of them owns one.

19. KickinAsphalt

KickinAsphalt
    from Pa

Ditto on that!

20. Northwest29

Northwest29
    from Oregon

Sure hope some of you East coast guys/gals going to the reunion will shoot and post a bunch of video for us West coast guys that can't make the event, please.

21. LARS 2014, Yoohootoo 109.jpg LARS 2014, Yoohootoo 104.jpg LARS 2014, Yoohootoo 105.jpg
    Went over to Waynes last nite to help put the front end back together.

gotta56forme likes this.
  22. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

I remember seeing the original Yoo Hoo Too run and back in those day's there were two of them with one being cared on a old ramp truck and the other being towed on a flat bed open trailer behind the ramp truck. I think they were on their way to Connecticut Dragway at the time.

Plenty of memories for me just looking at the photo of the clone.

Jimbo

23. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

Maybe this will hold you over till then.
    [​IMG]

24. Hydrophobia Delivery

Hydrophobia Delivery

JB1955 those York decals you're asking about will be for sale at York . They are at the printers now. Thanks for asking.

25. '56 150

'56 150

Found these cool shots of the Yoo Hoo car. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1403804054.991095.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1403804073.752073.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1403804102.645309.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1403804125.457063.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1403804140.619326.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1403804151.814904.jpg

26. Don Kirkland

Don Kirkland

Well guys, I've got good news and bad news. The bad news is I was unable to get the "Carrot Cart" complete. The weather this winter just did not cooperate. Too many days that it was too cold to get the shop warm enough to work in ( I know should have just sucked it up an got out there). I also had to come to grips with the fact that I am not in my twenties like I was when I first build it. I also got called out of retirement to work part time. The good news is that I am going to be able to be there. Can't tell you how much I am looking forward to it.

27. Hydrophobia Delivery

Hydrophobia Delivery

The " good news" is the best news, that you're going to come. When I read this I chuckled because I have the same slow down that you do and other stuff getting in the way of the other stuff in the garage so I'm glad I'm not the only one. Please stop at Junior Stocker Row to intro yourself at York. We will be glad to meet you and hear some stories about the Carrot Cart. Thanks for posting this so we know to look for you!!

28. kjcroker

kjcroker
    from Pittsburgh

Hydrophobia Delivery likes this.
  29. kjcroker

kjcroker
    from Pittsburgh

Hi I am look to buy or trade a pair of M&H 7.75/800-15 [MVD-008] slicks. I have a new pair of 900/15 [MVD-007 to trade Thank You 412-366-9085

30. loco_gringo

loco_gringo

I'm in the process of restoring an old junior stock car. It's a 1957 Chevrolet Sedan Delivery.

The car was matador red with a Chevy bow tie on the doors and was ran under the name, "Real Bad Deal".

The car was campaigned mostly in K/SA class during the latter 60's thru the mid 70's by Anthony Pall. (Although he went by Tony Pall) from Victoria, Texas.

He was a class winner in the '69 Springnationals. As well as setting some class records in his class.

I'm seeking any information or pictures anyone has of the car.

Thanks