Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bought another 57 Chevy Junior Stocker

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 57blastoff, Dec 24, 2013.

1. :) Thought I'd share my recent purchase. 1957 Chevy Sedan Delivery then owned and raced by Francois Chalifoux in Quebec, Canada. Sat in a garage for over 30yrs. Wild paint job back in it's racing days although repainted sometime in the latter part of the 1970's but I'm finding remnants under the blue existing paint when it was called the Spirit of 57. I'm sure some of you Montreal car guys remember this one. Thanks for looking.....

Attached Files:

j-francois chalifoux likes this.
  2. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Neat! What are your plans for it?

3. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

another sedan delivery,very cool

4. eppster

eppster

Love the bar grille in the first photo but the paint job is a little too far out for me !!!

5. Subscribed. Love a sedan delivery!

6. Plans are to rob the complete powertrain including diffy to put in my other 57 chevy ht ( Blastoff ) and put a more user friendly powertrain in its place, body+paint job maybe some panel painting and lace job but nothing too wild like the one it had. The Cristofaro paint job it had was really way out there in my opinion as well but it was unique. Most likely will put the car for sale in the spring as I've got a 55 chevy I'd like to get a move on. Surprised no Montrealer's have chimed in yet on this one as of yet.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2013
  7. Great find, thanks for sharing.

8. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

I like this pic and I think it would be a hit today at the shows etc. if it still had this original paint on it, I know I would rush over to check it out. You genrally only get to see this stuff in old pics like this.

[​IMG]

9. What's with the weird STOP sign in the new pic? ;)
    Nice score!

Last edited: Dec 25, 2013
  10. slammed

slammed

Frenchy Canadian! Delivery score was very good sir!

11. REALLY!? Being from VT and spending many formative weekends in Montreal bars I never would have guessed. :rolleyes:

12. Francois Chalifoux had some very strong cars, nice looking and very competitive. Cristofaro painted a lot of cars also Daniel Cadieux(SP)painted a lot of race cars

13. hello sir, do you still have your 57 sedan delivery and where are you living? because i am very curious about all this because i am francois chalifoux's son! no longer in drag racing my father still owns a beautiful resto-mod 56 chevy nomad and a 87 buick grand national! he is now 70 years old. thanks for responding i would realy appreciate! jean-francois chalifoux

14. Hello Jean-Francois, Yes I still have the car. I live about 1 hour from Montreal on the Ontario side of the Quebec/Ontario border. Very cool to hear from you, Louie......