Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects All hot rod tudor sedan right seat question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hot Rod Willys, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Hot Rod Willys

Hot Rod Willys
    from Ohio

I am building a 1932 Ford Tudor so I can take my family with me to shows. Its chopped and now I am looking for low back bucket seats for the front. I have a minivan rear bench and had a pair of low back buckets for the front that I planned to hinge the right like originals were to let people in the back seat. Problem is the seat will not fold forward because of the windshield and dash. I have seen late model small cars were the right bucket seat slides way forward to make rear seat entry nice and easy. What I am hoping to find from someone who has been down this road is......... are there any low back bucket seats or removable headrest that recline and the right seat slide forward for easy entry into the rear seat?

Thanks, Dave.

2. The way the original passenger seat worked was the seat back was folded so it sat on the seat and then pivoted from the front.

I have seen early Mustang seats used in the sedans,,3Deuces (Buster) used some seats out of a mid 80's Pontiac I think.

Might send him a PM.HRP

3. capt ronn

capt ronn

I installed 1974? Alfa Romeo buckets in my 31. They are a kinda lowback seat but with adjustable headrest. They recline and adjust at different angles. Also have fairly good travel when it comes to getting into the back seat. It took ALOT of measuring and looking until I found seats I was happy with.
    Good luck,Capt Ronn

4. 2-door Chevy Blazer seat bases are hinged and "tumble" forward at the bottom front. They have a long handle that locks and unlocks the latch. I think Ford Broncos may be similar.

I have a set of Blazer seat bases like those in the pictures below, and plan to bolt some small bucket seats to them, giving me comfortable seats that both tilt and tumble, just like stock Model A and '32 Ford sedan seats.

Hope this helps,
    Gary

Attached Files:

5. Here's a picture of my Blazer seat bases with the upholstery removed and the backs cut off. Two passenger seats and one driver.

To give you even more food-for-thought, here's a picture of a Chevy Lumina seat in an A sedan.

-Gary

Attached Files:

6. Hot Rod Willys

Hot Rod Willys
    from Ohio

Just Gary-

Thanks for taking the time to post pictures, this is the kind of info I am searching for. I have been searching the net and asking lots of questions in hopes of finding that special fit for my tudor. I now there has to be lots of cars made with this type set up. Hopefully there will be more post from other HAMB members.

7. woodz

woodz
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I always thought that early to mid 60s Austin Healy front seats would work well in a Tudor. They are a cool looking bucket that folds almost completly flat and they sit really low if you have a heavy chop. Sorry, I dont have any pics but if you do a google image search you will find lots.

8. big daddy Raleigh

big daddy Raleigh
    from Denver CO

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  9. Markmonty

Markmonty
    from Gerorgia

10. scotti32

scotti32

I have 66 mustang seats in mine. I think they will work well.

Markmonty likes this.
  11. side_valve

side_valve
    Alliance Vendor

Early 80s MG-b seats work good. Passenger seat flips up.

12. grumpy32

grumpy32
    from Australia

I've got late 70s Honda Civic in ours, slide fwd and seat back tilts fwd. Works OK.

13. Besty34

Besty34

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1405021930.728427.jpg
    I've got Morris Minor seats in my 4"chopped 34 sedan , not too hard to find here in the UK I don't know about in the States - owners club maybe ?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

14. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

I used toyota echo 2 door front seats, the passanger seat moves forward on the track when you flip the back of the seat plus it has a cool little glove box under it also.(you have to make sure you get the two door and not the four door echo) IMAG0080.JPG IMAG0105.JPG

15. chevyburb

chevyburb

I used a set of seats from Speedway for my '31 Phaeton. They fit perfect, tilt, slide forward and are comfortable to drive from San Jose, CA to Bonneville and back 2 years in a row. The best thing is they were $210. each. I see they have raised the price, but that's still cheaper than having a set upholstered. Also, they have a map pocket in the back.