Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Where can I buy a 2 inch stainless exhaust kit?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by D-Russ, Jun 27, 2014.

1. xxx

Last edited: Jan 2, 2015
  2. Do you have a independent muffler shop in your area? these guys can usually help you with specialty exhaust pipes. HRP

3. It's a thought.

I can't be much help but why not send Tommy a PM and pick his brain,,he has been in the business for a long time,he might be able to point you in the right direction. HRP

4. Hey, Dave. Tony's muffler on Broad Rock is run by an old gearhead, don't know if he can get you stainless or not. I bought some stainless exhaust tubing to use as my steering column tube on "that auction site" at a really good price, if you check out listings you can generally find contact info and they will be able to supply you with tubing and bends. Good Luck!

5. Dave, did you look at "cone engineering" ?

http://www.coneeng.com/mufflers.html

I didnt see a "kit" but they have everything to stack up your own kit and they are an alliance vendor.

6. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

Wolf Aircraft sells kits in different sizes, a combo of Mandrel bends and straight pipe.

7. I've done this trick so many times already- build it out of PVC pipe. Count your bends and place your order.

The first time I did this I returned the PVC fittings. The second time I returned them again. The third time I just kept them.

I grabbed universal builders kit ( in 2.25 aluminized though) and had plenty left over, there was more than I needed. Eventually I used it up. You could count the bends in a kit like that and duplicate the list out if 2" stainless but its not cheap having extra stainless.

8. I have a couple sources if your local one does not pan out.

9. Weedburner 40

Weedburner 40

SST has "builders parts" with mixtures of various bends, plus they have U-bends and straight tubing. Also SPD in Sacto area has bends and strait tubing.

10. check local pipe supplier. all you need is 202 but 304 is much better and usually more $$$!

11. flthd31

flthd31