Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Ford Thunderbolts Photos Wanted

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Troublemaker427, Oct 11, 2006.

1. RmK57

RmK57

2. RmK57

RmK57

Took this 3-4 years ago. It is an original t-bolt

3. tbolt64804

tbolt64804

What the heck happened here? Where are the missing pages? I'm upset!!

4. ec164

ec164
    from MI

Missing Pages? Phil Featherstones car looks Great........Al

5. loudbang

loudbang

A bunch went missing in the "Vintage shots from the days gone by" thread also.

1947knuck likes this.
  6. 65COMET

65COMET

I think the shot of Phil at Mission was close to when he quit racing the T-Bolt!!Phil is a cool dude,great driver,was building a clone to race,not sure what became of it!!

7. orangetwist

orangetwist
    from Indy

8. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Please tell me the car was picked up today. Car looks fantastic!

9. yblockva

yblockva

For all that have posted about the 1964 T-Bolt driven by Bob Balderson, in 1964, he did live in Richmond at some point. The car was sponsored by Farnham Motor Company, Farnham, VA (near Tappanhannock) about 45 miles east of Richmond, VA. I think Bob was living in or near Montross, Virginia at the time he had the car. Makes sense because in 1965 he had the 396 "Matchbox" Chevy II, which was out of Montross.

This is how Donati and Company new about the T-Bolt and acquired it in 1965. If you are familiar with Richmond, Henrico County's West End, when I met Bob in the early 1980's he lived on Parham Rd., next to the Montessori School for the Child. When I was there, in the corner of his garage was a 9 inch housing with homemade traction bars, like the ones I have seen in pics on the T-Bolts, that he claimed was the original set up from the car. He also had a 1957 "F" Bird in the garage. I don't know what happened to him since.

I was told the car was wrecked when Donati /Glassco had it and rebuilt and was eventually purchased by a fellow named Jack Croteau and became the "Beachcomber" which was raced mostly at Colonial Beach Virginia in the 80's and early 90's. Colonial Beach is about 34 miles north of Farnham. Kind of ironic if the story is true. Jack died in 2007. I don't know what happened to it since that time. Here is Bob vs. "Fast Eddie" in 1964 at Cecil County, MD. bbalderson 002.jpg

Last edited: Jun 20, 2014
    hendelec and Fairlane427 like this.
  10. 55vickie

55vickie

Well we had hoped to bring the Connor Ford T-bolt to the 50th but it is just not going to work out. Since it isn't coming public quite yet, here are a couple of pics from areas of the car. The pic of the cut up traction bar shows what Don Bowles and company did when trying to emulate what Gas Rhonda did back in the day. Don said they were trying to move the transfer point of the weight. Still exactly as was race by Bowles! Can anyone tell from the wheel pic if that rear wheel is original?

Attached Files:

11. ford40

ford40
    from pa

All in one garage& not mine :(

Attached Files:

loudbang likes this.
  12. 55vickie

55vickie

Snyder's?

13. Wooster

Wooster
    from Soso, MS

ccv

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!
    E

14. tbolt64804

tbolt64804

Thanks yblockva for your post about the Farnham Motors car (#95). I have located the original building of the dealership in Farnham and I will be going there soon to see if I can stir up any memories. At present it is a auto repair shop. I recently got in touch with a Donati family member and hope to meet with him soon. Jimmy Donati has some memoribelia and documents and lives about 25 miles from me. I talked to Pete Glassco's aunt and she said he passed away years ago. Also, Jimmy's Brother passed away in the 60's. There are a lot Balderson's that live in Farnham, and I hope to find some info about him also. I talked to Jimmy a few years ago about the Rebel Rouser and his info was somewhat confusing, hope to clear that up. Jim

15. tbolt64804

tbolt64804

To Dennis K. my appoligies for my video post of richmonddragway65. The film was taken in 1965 and 1966. Donati and Glassco had painted the car yellow with no lettering on it. I witnessed the wreck,but was in the staging lanes and did not have my camera. My friend was able to film the car being towed back to the pits sans hood witch blew off in the wreck. In my conversation with Jimmy I assumed that he was the driver, but I may be wrong. I am really looking forward to more info soon. Jim

16. Who is going Friday to the 50th Thunderbolt reunion dinner in Dearborn? I got to pry my Oldman out of the house and get him there. Back then he was a painter and a fabricator at Dearborn Steel Tubing when all that cool stuff was rolling out of there. He started there in late 62 prior to that he had just placed a order on a 63 Max Wedge Dodge which we still have but when he drove it to the Tube Andy Hotten and some other 's frowned on it so he parked it . We were going to drive Friday to the reunion but he didn't want to offend anybody still to this day he was always loyal to who was putting food on your table.

17. ClearSpot

ClearSpot
    from Michigan

Dwayne,hope you and your dad have a blast at the reunion & lookout for the Comet guys coming into town for it!

18. johnk320

johnk320
    from Erie PA

I'll be there with my Fairlane (for the Fairlane Club Nats). Are you going to the dinner?

19. I will be at the Dearborn reunion this weekend with the Bonner T-bolt. I hope to meet some of you guys there. We are heading out early tomorrow morning and should be there in the afternoon. I will have my photo collection with me also. We are attending the banquet also. See you guys there!! I'm hearing 20+ cars will be there.

20. John1964

John1964
    from BC, Canada

leaving for that FCA Nationals tomorrow morning. Attending the T-bolt dinner too. Looking forward to it!

21. This is a car raced by Carl Davis in the Memphis area glen_patrick_t-bolt.jpg glen_patrick_t-bolt_launch.jpg

Attached Files:

22. yblockva

yblockva

Jim -
    Here is another picture of Bob running at Richmond in 1964. From a scan of an old magazine I found on the net. The car was called "Southern Sample" when he had it.

Attached Files:

23. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

The Joe Brown car is coming together but time is running out. At least it will be there! get-attachment.jpg

24. I just went though all of the photos on FB. Great job. I look forward to seeing it this weekend.

25. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Boy, they posted a lot of shots of the car. Click on the link in post #3732 if anyone wants to see the progress. Thanks for the heads up Troublemaker.

26. That's right troublemaker. Carls older brother Bobby owned it then gave it to Mr. Patrick because it was so ill handling he was scared Carl would get hurt in it. This was a long time ago who knew the future value of these cars. We had dirt cars and drag cars but Bobby did not want anyone to get hurt.

27. ec164

ec164
    from MI

I will be attending the dinner and show on Saturday. Have been looking forward since Dennis K. announced tickets were available early this year.....Al

28. wool1962

wool1962
    from australia

image.jpg Hello all I'm envious of all you guys heading to the 50 th t/bolt reunion.
    I'm looking to purchase a thunderbolt clone,
    Streetable, white with the tan interior.
    If anyone attending finds one for sale, if you could pass on the information
    Through this thread It would be much appreciated.id be as happy as jack!

29. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

get-attachment.jpg $_14.jpg 0810rc_07_z+blackie_gejeian+blackie_roadster.jpg Well, the car should be in Detroit by now. There was some serious thrashing going on last night and some stayed until 2:00 am. I pooped out at 10:30. 0810rc_07_z+blackie_gejeian+blackie_roadster.jpg 0810rc_07_z+blackie_gejeian+blackie_roadster.jpg

Attached Files:

• $_14.jpg
      $_14.jpg
      File size:
      38.1 KB
      Views: