Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. speedwise

speedwise

Photoshop godz, could you please slap a set of mags like the fronts on the back? Thanks

Attached Files:

• Nova.JPG
      Nova.JPG
      File size:
      150.8 KB
      Views:
  2. Ruben Duran

Ruben Duran

Nova copy.jpg

3. [​IMG]
    This is my everyday ride for the last 5 years or so, but now with ruffus my 52 F1 panel on the road I think it's time for a little fix up. What might be a better way to go besides spraybomb black? MW

4. speedwise

speedwise

5. 59 brook

59 brook

looking to see a set of chrome smoothies or other chrome wheels on my wagon if anyone can help

Attached Files:

6. Aussiepete.

Aussiepete.
    from Australia

Could someone please lower my mercury giving it a tail dragger stance.

Attached Files:

7. lower].jpg

Aussiepete. likes this.
  8. Can someone please paint the car coral pink and black, coral pink and white, also gold and black, and gunmetal blue and white. Feel free to flip the colors or try a color scheme you think would look good too. THANKS!!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

9. Leon, I love what Ruben did to your sample pic. The Stude wagon is a cool ride and looks right as is in the pic (to me).

10. Flamed48

Flamed48

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1403449473.717757.jpg
    Can I see this in either gray or olive green suede with a black hood?

11. 35pickup

35pickup

What would a 36 Ford chopped and channeled fenderless Woody Wagon look like? Ok guys I maybe asking too much but here goes. I have an original 36 woody cowl, frame, grill, and hood to start this project with and everything else would need to be fabricated so I am looking for some inspiration to see if it could be a cool or a stupid idea. I am thinking it should be a 2 door with about a 3 chop and 3" channel. Steelies, traditional color, and a louvered hood. Anyone got any ideas?

12. green2.jpg gray.jpg

13. Ruben Duran

Ruben Duran

Well, if it were mine, I'd go with a gloss black.....you know, since it's already in black primer.
    Kinda like this......

hamb truck kustom 2.jpg

Mthewrench likes this.
  14. Flamed48

Flamed48

15. Aussiepete.

Aussiepete.
    from Australia

16. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

36 Ford Shooting Brake.jpg
    Here's a full-fendered '36 Ford woodie I did. It has been chopped, lowered, and sectioned.
    It's a lengthened two-door, but retains the four-door rear post for balance. The rear roof line slopes back to meet the forward-sloped rear. More custom than hot rod, really.

17. 35pickup

35pickup

Thanks Dave, I really appreciate your help. I really like the lengthened door and the chop looks great. The sloped rear and roof is a huge improvement over stock. I am just really curious what it would look like with no fenders and a serious rake to give it more hot rod attitude. Also with no fenders I think the rear wheel opening could follow the shape of the tire and allow the back to be bobbed for better rear window proportions and possibly eliminate the rear door post.
    Thanks much,
    Brooke.

18. Squablow

Squablow

My mind implodes trying to fathom the work it takes to photoshop a pic of a flat painted car into gloss paint, with reflections and all. Super nice work Ruben.

19. The car was originally white and either coral pink band or white and red band around the windows... I was thinking of going back to the original color scheme.

20. Jcox68rt

Jcox68rt

image.jpg So I picked up this 65 Plymouth Valiant Signet the other day. Nice little cruiser with slant 6 that I'm going to make into my daily. It needs a little body work to the hood and to an A pillar. Other than that it's straight as an arrow. My tentative plan is satin black the entire car and do the roof red metal flake and cleared. With the steelies powdercoated or painted black or red with either these pinners or 2" whitewalls. Thoughts comments and concerns are always welcomed! Does anybody want to try their hand at photoshopping my vision onto this canvas?! I would greatly appreciate the time and energy! You photoshop fellers really have a gift!

21. He cheats... And I think JamesD taught him how. o_O

22. Donee.jpg

23. Ruben Duran

Ruben Duran

Cheating implies that I'm somehow being deceitful....and I take offense to that. I learned how to use Photoshop just like everyone else.....through tutorials, Y/T videos and above all.....PRACTICE. Are there shortcuts? Absolutely.....but it still takes a decent amount of time to do. Mthewrench's truck took me a total of 6 hours to complete. I didn't ask for money in return....but he did respond with "Thanks for the work". That's good enough for me.

Let me remind you that this is a community....we help and support each other. I don't always have the time to do P-shop work for folks, but when I do I dedicate all my effort to it. Always have, always will. My reputation as an artist depends on it.
    You're comment will never diminish that.

Peanut 1959 likes this.

24. WELL SAID RUBEN !!

25. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

Since TheMoose did such a nice job on your request, I decided to do a mid-sixties style custom. Clean up the trim, re-radius the wheel wells to show off the new mags, and a little work on the side windows and rear roof line.

upload_2014-6-24_12-25-9.png

JeffB2 likes this.
  26. Jcox68rt

Jcox68rt

To: "THEMOOSE" I say thank you! Oh so very much! I think it looks killer! You have a talent. Thank you for taking the time to photoshop my car! :)

27. Jcox68rt

Jcox68rt

Rot n Kustom this is what I was originally thinking when I got the car but figured the re-radius wheel well was above my fab skills or pocketbook...lol! The vision we all have is amazing! Thank you for your rendering! I love it all!

28. whtbaron

whtbaron
    from manitoba

I don't think he intended that to be insulting, just yanking your chain... but I can see if I'd spent hours on somebody else's ride that I didn't even know, that I could get a little sensitive on the topic. Even those of us that seldom comment keep an eye on the work that is being done here, and I must say your work and others is incredibly impressive, and it is appreciated.

29. CHARLIE_HUSTLE

CHARLIE_HUSTLE
    from CHICO CA.

Building thus one into a gasser . Would live to see it with a red flaked top & the front and lifted. Keeping the same wheels & tires , if possible. Thank you photo shop gods for the help ! B-)

30. The last thing I intended to do is diminish your work, or anyone else's work on this thread for that matter. I'd hoped the "smiley" at the end of my statement would imply that I was speaking "tongue-in-cheek". This was apparently too subtle to be understood online as such. Also, I haven't been too involved in or contributed much to this thread for several months so I probably appear to be something of an outsider here.

I do understand the skill, ability, and vision that goes into this type of work. From my own experience I know this type of work can be tedious and time consuming. What took you 6 hours would surely take me 10 or 12. Because of this I've only tackled a handful of the many requests posted here. The rest of the time I've tried to absorb some of the techniques and suggestions offered by some of the artists here. And when I could I tried to contribute a bit of my limited knowledge. I just haven't been able to do so recently.

By "cheating", I'd meant that you'd worked with this stuff long enough to get convincingly realistic, and better results in less time than most of us can. My apologies for not making this more clear. Hopefully my envy of other's work here will help me to ultimately improve my own. So someone else might some day accuse me of "cheating" in Photoshop.

And I apologize to JamesD for needlessly dragging him into this discussion. Except I think he really does cheat somehow. His version of PS seems to have a special "Shiny Glossy Reflective Paint Airbrush Tool" that doesn't seem to be available on my version. :confused:

I occasionally post some of my photos here on the HAMB. A few people seem to like them. If you see one sometime, please leave a reply. Like, "Nice shot. You must have a really good camera". Put a smiley after it and we'll call it even, OK? :D