Register now to get rid of these ads!

Any old guys(65 +) still build not buy their hot rods??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scrap metal 48, Dec 14, 2012.

1. 65.75 and still building my own and collecting parts for the next one. 31 A tudor/27 Hemi, next one 28 Willys Whippett tdor / 3.9 Mopar V6.

2. Marv64

Marv64

I am almost 67 and still building my own. Sold the 47 Ford coupe with the 302 and building a 39 Ford sedan now.Still building but a whole lot slower than my younger days. Marv

3. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

I will be 66 in November, and I am still building them. I hope this time next year the 42 Chevy I am building for my daughter will be done. I probably will not build another one, but right now I am enjoying this build.

4. fsteddie

fsteddie
    from Pa

Not quite 65 but close. Just finished fabricating, forming, and welding the drip rails back on my steel 41 Willys coupe. It was started in 20 years ago in the 90's then got put on the back burner while I went drag racing a 33 Willys coupe. (Funny how time doesn't stop) Hope to finish it now, and also build a few other projects.

5. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

I'll be 70 in a couple of months and still do all of the fabricating and most of the body work and painting on my projects. I've had my fingerprints on over 200 cars since my wife and I were married 50 years ago. Not all finished drivers by a long shot but at least 1/2 were moving under their own power before leaving. Caught this "can't leave anything mechanical alone syndrome" from my grandfather and haven't stopped using my hands to build something since I was 5 years old. Got about 4 more projects I'd like to finish while this side of the grass and after that my "McGyver" grandson Can take over.

Frank

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  6. cheesegrater

cheesegrater
    from california

65+ building a 34 Ford 2 dr RAT Rod almost everything myself except bomber seats done by a friend hopefully done by end of summer

7. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Yep, build everything in the shed. 5yrs until retirement and more time in future to build car(s). Sadly not too many people build things from scratch or fabricate items these days, everything is off the shelf. Many skills are dying or in decline.

8. I'm buying mine; but; I'm paying my back-doc for it..... back-pain.jpg