Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Little bit from Midwest Mecca of bar hoppers and hotrods

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by twenty8tudor, Jun 22, 2014.

1. twenty8tudor

twenty8tudor
    from Ohio

Went down to a show on Saturday that was in Middleton Ohio.

Very nice place to hold a show. It was held at the land of illusion which is a halloween park type place. This was the first year for it so there was not a lot of cars that showed up. more motorcycles then cars but i think it was advertised more in the bike world then the hotrod world, but I believe they are going to do it again next year and figured maybe help get the word out to the board.

They did kind of a neat thing where the sponsors and builders that had booths setup either bought our was supplied a golden ticket that they could choose a car/bike that they liked and the one they picked would receive a trophy. I received one for the 48 F1 I took down but wasnt able to stay around for the parade and to pick the trophy up, said the would contact me and mail it.
    [​IMG]

anyway here are a few pics and if i have the free time i will go back again next year.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. twenty8tudor

twenty8tudor
    from Ohio

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and there were a lot of nice bikes also but didnt figure i would post a bunch of them here

[​IMG]

a there more more then a few cars that fit the "Ra*" rod but couldnt get my camera to focus when i tried to take pics of them ;)

3. Model T1

Model T1

Looks like a nice first year show. Great assortmant of cars and photos. Thanks.

4. HammerDown

HammerDown

Thanks for giving this some exposure. I thought they did a great job with this show and the potential to grow it is way up there. The venue is great and the owner isn't afraid to invest in it, evidenced by him pouring a brand new safely designed concrete burnout pit just for the show. The idea of the attending builders picking their personal winners to win trophies they constructed was great. Not only that but then lining up the winners and having them drive down to receive the awards was awesome. It was a nice break-away from the static nature that makes car shows so boring.

BTW - that's my '58 Plymouth in the background behind the blue deuce roadster. Thanks for the incidental coverage! :)

5. Window Licker

Window Licker

I was at the show, thanks for the good coverage. They could use some more hamb guys out there to support. Definitely could have better advertised on the hot rod side

PISTON JAMMERS C.C.

6. twenty8tudor

twenty8tudor
    from Ohio

Yeah i agree i guess they had printed out something like 100,000 flyers someone said, not completely sure how soon they started passing them out though. I first seen it little less then 3 weeks before it was going to happen.

yeah it was a great location for it....i dont know if the rain on friday hurt them any or not.. might have had something to do with the turn out. Pretty nice car ya have btw!

Did ya have a car there?

7. seatex

seatex

Off topic car, but the bugeye looks pretty damn cool!

8. HammerDown

HammerDown

Thanks! I actually took it in on trade about a month ago. It had been sitting for a while and I was thrashing for a while to get it going for the show. Not bad for a maiden voyage...