Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs '51 Chevy Styleline Lowering & Upgrading Brakes

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by curtisgreenjeans, Jun 23, 2014.

1. curtisgreenjeans

curtisgreenjeans

Getting ready to drop my stock '51 Styleline Deluxe 3" and upgrade the front brakes to disc. Ordered a couple of kits from Jamco as soon as I got the official thumbs up from my wife. Rather than drop spindles (and new A arms), I opted for a kit that includes new springs and shocks for all four wheels. Any advice from anyone in advance would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Here's the lowering kit: http://jamcosuspension.com/products/sfID1/31/sfID2/40/productID/897

Here's the brake kit:
    http://jamcosuspension.com/products/sfID1/33/sfID2/133/sfID3/35/productID/1487

And here's what I hope the car will eventually look like:
    Screen Shot 2014-06-23 at 6.46.20 AM.png

2. King Karl

King Karl
    from N.C.

Could have given you advice before ordering from Jamco but you're on your own now.
    I'll be crossing my fingers that your experience is better than the one I had.
    Car looks great by the way.

3. curtisgreenjeans

curtisgreenjeans

I've heard good and bad. When I called they were helpful. Assured me everything would fit nicely (of course). I guess we'll see how it goes. Did you find another company you like better?

4. King Karl

King Karl
    from N.C.

They were the only ones I knew of that offered the blocks I bought. Thought no one could screw up an order for a set of lowering blocks so I went against everything I had read about them. That was in January and we are close to getting the deal finalized. Hopefully it will go smooth for you. Like you I've also heard of guys that were real happy with them.

5. curtisgreenjeans

curtisgreenjeans

I'll let you know how everything goes. They said 2-3 weeks on the lowering kit so, for now, I'll just wait with my fingers crossed.