Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Get a Rodder’s Journal for $5

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TRJ, Jun 3, 2014.

1. HOLY SMOKES
    never thumbed thru TRJ before
    I was blown away by #47 - 15 Anniversary Edition, as delivered
    y'all got this thing down all the way to the door gaps.
    fit, finish, and delivery - spot on!
    Thanks!!!
    I'd be curious to hear what this does for your subscription count in the coming weeks.
    I hope it's game-changing for y'all
    JML

2. striper

striper

Pulled the trigger too early....before the international deal was announced. Still, if I can pick up one of the few missing back issues for $15 I'm still well ahead. Thanks Steve & Ryan

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. RockinRivi

RockinRivi

Placed my sub over the phone & confirmed the smokin' deal advertised towards the back of each TRJ. You can still get 4 back issues with a storage sleeve for $35…I got mine.

4. TRJ, thanks...our first copy!

5. Ordered today! I requested #57. Hope I get it. Thanks again TRJ!

6. daddylama

daddylama

I can solidly say that if one has not seen a Rodder's Journal, they will not be disappointed. It's a wonderful publication and hands down better than anything out there.

My 4 year old son wants me to read from TRJ for bedtime stories. Great for all ages!!!

Scooterville likes this.
  7. summersshow

summersshow
    from NC

Well I got mine in yesterday... Issue number 19 with the 60 pontiac... I guess its a great magazine... I dont really know, my 2 boys were at home when it came and I was not... Theyre not done looking at it yet. lol... Maybe ill be able too give it a look next week...

8. svodoc

svodoc

So I ordered my copy of TRJ on June 4th, I waited about week before I started checking the mail as soon as I got home. I really thought it would be here by now, what I didn't know is it already was delivered, and since it was packaged so nicely the usps actually didn't bend it. They left it as a chew toy for my dog on the front porch ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1403319834.711479.jpg
    I found it under the back deck of my house while I was cutting grass tonight!
    I don't really know what issue it was all I can find of the cover it has what looks like a bare steel 36 on it. The pages that are intact are beautiful, I hate that my stupid dog destroyed such a piece of art. If I can figure out which issue it is I'll order another one... I just need to tell the post office to bend it and put it in the mailbox.

Thanks offering this deal to HAMB members!!

9. RockinRivi

RockinRivi

I don't mean to laugh but I couldn't help it…great story haha

10. KennyK

KennyK
    from Arvada CO

Just got #49! It blew my mind! (I don't have a dog)Thanks TRJ!

11. Waiting for mine AND my new sub. I am scared how our carrier will treat it as our box is too small. She is a witch and we have had issues. Carla lost $400 worth of clothes that mailady left on the ground or something.

12. RockinRivi

RockinRivi

Sounds like a good excuse for a bigger mailbox for Home Depot. No bent TRJ's & no more lost clothing…

13. Yes, I know!

14. catfishdog

catfishdog
    from Miami

Once the mailman sees that he is holding a back issue of TRJ he will treat it that gem it is. Or if it was me I will read it from front to back and deliver a day late and blame the folds on the mailbox

15. svodoc

svodoc

My only problem with that is I have a brick mailbox... But I do have to figure something out. We are on a rural mail route that kind of seems like the Chevy Chase movie Funny Farm. The half-assed mail person just kind of throws it at the box. But I also still have the puppy dog problem too, yesterday I was about to drive my '60 f100 when I noticed she had pulled the wiring out of the merc taillights that are on it and chewed it too. I'll be glad when she quits teething!

16. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Got mine today. Usps left it between the doors. Looks cool.

17. gonzo

gonzo

If they're doing this promotion still and your on the fence jump on it like a hobo on a ham sandwich, you won't regret it. Also if you can get it still, issue #32 is a double issue to commemorate the 32 Ford... Its probably the best issue of the best magazine ever made! I got my freebie last week and it is righteous.

18. TRJ

TRJ
    Alliance Vendor

We kind of let the deadline for this thing slip by, but the TRJ $5 deal is still available and will be until close of business tomorrow, Tuesday June 24th. This has been fun for us and we have enjoyed all of the comments from long-time readers as well as those unfamiliar with our magazine. We particularly got a kick out of Svodoc's post about TRJ becoming a chew toy for his dog. Thanks again for all of the support and we've got something that we'll announce in conjunction with Ryan on Wednesday that we hope will be of interest.

19. I really dig TRJ! I think it's cool that the TRJ Revival resides here in Maryland, too....along with some cool guys I've met that are affiliated with the mag :) Keep up the great work!

20. nowaxn5

nowaxn5

I'm honestly amazed at the amount of people on the HAMB who have never had their hands on TRJ before. I've been a long time subscriber and have hooked a bunch of my buddies when I got them the BOGO fathers day deal a few years ago. Just wished I had the first few issues that I'm missing...

For those who don't know they also have a lot of good stuff on their site. It seems like a majority of my favorite T's and sweatshirts are TRJ too.

Scooterville likes this.
  21. I mis-read the deadline and paid $17.15 for my #15 issue but I paid with paypal and they are having their own promotion. Says I get $15 off my next purchase! So, let's see...[wetting pencil tip on tongue] that comes out to $2.15 for my new 'zine!

22. catfishdog

catfishdog
    from Miami

Not only the magazine, but the books and other publications they publish are solid and flat down awesome. #31 I believe has Geoff's bare metal mockup which in my opinion is one bad ass car

23. rottenleonard

rottenleonard

Well after reading the 5 buck copy I just went ahead and got me a subscription, too good to miss.

24. Received my fantastic copy today, and the kind folks at TRJ provided me with the issue I requested. You can't beat that deal. A big thanks to Steve and Ryan for making this opportunity available to the HAMB community.

25. woodz

woodz
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just got my copy today, WOW! Such a great mag....uuummm....book....what ever you want to call it, it is so well done and I got the issue I requested as well. It got to me in one piece due to it being sent in a hard cardboard slip marked "Do Not Bend" I am blown away will be getting a subscription as soon as I can swing it. Thanks TRJ

26. 57tailgater

57tailgater
    from Georgia

Got my copy yesterday. Great mag. Thanks TRJ! :cool:

27. pila38

pila38

Your evil plot worked. I got my back issue and now I subscribed today with the TRJ and Alliance membership deal.

28. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Well, it's not on every news stand, like other publications. It's actually rare that I see an issue at a book store. Border's used to carry it by my house, but they closed. TRJ is to Hot Rods, what The Robb Report (Google it) is to high end sports cars and living. Both are hard to find. It would be interesting to know their target audience.

29. Just got my issue today, number 37 one I already have. Oh well great issue, if any aussies have a double of another issue that they want to trade just pm me.

sent via classroom note. pass it on

30. A.P. Photography

A.P. Photography

Damn, missed the deadline.