Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage How Are We doing?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jun 19, 2014.

1. I like the changes.
    Pictures are easier to post, the little previews are a plus and YES, it's much faster.
    I was apprehensive when first told about the swing-over to new H.A.M.B. but now I'm lovin' it.

2. BuiltFerComfort

BuiltFerComfort

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1403308971.983267.jpg

When you get around to working on the iPhone app, see if you can clear up the multiple post view issue like the screenprint. The ad has something to do with it, and when you view a post and come back you can see double /triple posts like this.

Specifically I'd guess that the ad software stored an index value and that index value changed when viewing a post (newer posts above), and it doesn't recalculate the value when you come back. Just a guess though.

3. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

I do NOT like being negative and tend to just keep things to myself if I don't care for something, or move on... In this case, I have found myself spending more time on other forums. I thought it would be better to add something that might be construed as constructive rather than just disappearing...

I REALLY dislike the new font on the desktop. It seems like (maybe) a good font for print, where it is more distinct, but it is very difficult to read even on a decent LCD screen (HP 27" in my case). The font on the mobile iphone app seems cleaner and easier to read but...

Everything is so big and stretched out that I am worn out from scrolling down and looking side to side, to the point where I just get tired of it and move on. Reading on the HAMB is no longer enjoyable to me.

All the white space just hurts my eyes. I find myself minimizing the screen so there are some other colors up there and then the scrolling just intensifies.

It looks like there are a lot of other cool features, but readability is so far down the list that I can't hang around for long. Maybe that is good, maybe bad. I've got things to do in the shop!

Regardless, good luck to you.

4. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Those ads piss me off so badly. I'm this >< close to getting rid of the tapatalk app completely.

5. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

You are using Google Chrome I bet... There is a font fix coming soon.

6. bubba55

bubba55

I've only got ONE word about the NEW HAMB - SWEET!!! - This place ROCKS -

7. not that one guy

not that one guy
    from So NV

I had been having issues viewing HAMB on my ipad2 using safari. It would lock up when loading.
    I saw a post here to reboot the iPad.
    I did that and I can now view HAMB on my iPad using chrome browser.
    Safari still seems to stop loading

Last edited: Jun 20, 2014
  8. Squablow

Squablow

I agree with these two posts as well, especially the highlighting of a thread if new posts were made. Those would be some great tweaks.

9. forty1fordpickup

forty1fordpickup

On my iPad mini safari always brought up the web site. I did have trouble with the HAMB app until I restarted the iPad tonight. If you haven't installed the app do so and restart the iPad. It is working nicely on mine.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

10. on my MAC it works great i like it.
    picture loading is super easy i think compared to before. one of the firs things i did was load pics because i though it was so much easier
    i dont understand the gripe about the conversations? it works the same as before but different name, maybe i don't get it?:p
    i havent tried it on my ipad but on the phone I didnt like it, only tried it once but was more confusing than before:rolleyes::)

11. The only item I fell needs some work is opening attachment pics in a thread. Threads with a single pic attachment in a post sometimes do not open when you get to that window. Also when you get to another post with a single pic attachment in the same thread and go to open it, it opens the first pic and not the pic in that post. In a post with more than one pic attachment, as you click on the arrows to see the next pic or the previous pic it seems to skip a pic. Other than this the new version kicks ass!!! As you surf through the new version learning how to get around you just have to really look at what is on a particular page and see everything that is on it. Come on we figure out how to build hotrods, how hard can the HAMB to figure out. I am done back to reading and learning. Thanks Ryan

12. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

No Google Chrome. I have both Windows Internet and Firefox. It opens the same in both. Good to hear that there is a potential fix.

I know you work HARD to provide a rock solid forum. I am sure it will shake out in the end!

13. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

I will be honest I havent read every single post in this entire thread (these things may have already been mentioned)but I will mention a few things that Im having trouble with.

When I put my cursor over the avatars it all goes white, I know theres words there but the words are white too, and I cant tell what they are, however the cursor does turn into the little pointy finger to be able click on a couple of em.(may be something wrong on my end? not sure?)

When you have posted on a thread,Does everyones avatar show up so skinny you cant tell what it is, in the corner of the original posters avatar, to show you have posted in that thread? Is it suppose to be that way?

My emoticans=smilies show up real skinny as well after clicking on the smiley in my reply box and I have to run my cursor over them so it will say what its suppose to be, I cant tell, til I click on it and then it appears at the begining of my post not where I left off typing "where I want it" so then its cut and paste to get it there

Have some of the original bunch (when I started here) gotten into whatever the social group thing is, and only post there now because I dont see em around on the main board anymore or are they just not around much anymore (Hotrodladycruiser, groucho etc.etc.) I enjoy hearing their contributions and saw some stuff from them on the main board when the social group thing was down,I dont know how that stuff works, maybe it was just coincidence, maybe its just me, I know Im crazy but I hope the social group thing isnt taking away from the main board.

Now when I post a thumbnail attachment pic it shows a bunch of info to the side of it unlike the nice clean look of "thumbnail only" thumbnails like the old one use to be.

I also like the post count and join date next to the avatars to give you a hint of the posters credibility in whats said in his or her post. I know that doesnt always hold true
    but to be honest I genrally will listen to a guy thats been around here a while rather than listen to a fng that hasnt really proven himself here yet, If in doubt I will look at a guys profile anyway but...just sayin.

Ive just been kind of hangin around "posting some" waiting for things to get back to normal or better like they were intended to do,Im not complaining because I dont pay to be here, but I do like to contribute a answer,helpful info or something interesting when I can because I enjoy this forum and its "quick answers and replies", when everyone is participating in one way or another, not just sitting back reading and not posting.

Model T1 likes this.
  14. RichG

RichG

It's taken me up until the last couple of days, but I'm finally getting the hang of the new format, and I have to say I'm really liking it. More options, more customization, easier to navigate and more intuitive.

Just my opinion, but I'm liking it. Rock on.

Model T1 likes this.
  15. What browser are you using?

16. ^ I was wondering about that too. I tried it on IE7 the other day and it looked that way. Everything looks and works great on IE10.

I should clarify: Everything worked fine on IE7 some things just displayed funny is all (like when I rolled over the avatars, as described above.)

Browser technology moves on all the time and with the latest gen of browsers not everything is backward compatible. I am the admin for a couple of learning management systems so I have been seeing browser related problems the last few months. A lot of courseware I had previously developed needed to be reworked to work with the latest browsers.

In this case, I'm guessing it could be the opposite problem. Some old browsers may not support all the features of the HAMB? If so, then the simple fix is to download the latest browser.

17. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

windows internet explorer?

18. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

OK Thanks I will see what I can mess up later,Its no secret Im not too computer savy.
    The last time I tried to go to a diffrent browser everything was screwed up so I did a system restore and went back to what I had.:D

19. so far only one complaint, the white screen, other than that Great Job and thanks to all those who keep this place going!!

20. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

You lost me there... Are you using the browser on your iPad or the app? What version of iOS and what version of iPad are you using?

21. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Got it. I'm on it... Just filed a ticket with Apple to see what's up.

We had an earlier issue that was effecting even my iPad mini retina, but that was fixed. I can't reproduce what you are talking about (mine hauls ass), but we will get to the bottom of it.

22. Could you see why most of the old embed videos don't work?

Thanks!

Posted using Full box of Crayons on the Kitchen Walls App!

23. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Gotta link to a thread where they don't work? I know that all youtube embeds are now working... I'm not familiar with any others being broken.

24. My iPad with iOS 7 is super fast never had a problem with it being slow. Is it possible that some of these issues are related to people's internet provider?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

25. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Also, I think I understand the off topic, no politics, no religion topics/arguments but Im not sure I understand what the embracing of the 666 salt flats car at the top of some of the pages is all about?
    I was always told that 666 is a sign of the devil, It may not mean anything to some but that is the reason that number is/was used myth,truth,tradition or whatever anyone wants to see it as, supposedly being the sign of the devil is why it was used long ago or now, Its seen as a connection to the devil.
    Sorry, I dont get it, Is that what we want to encourage here?
    Dont mean to stir crap but Im gonna admit that bothers me a little.

Model T1 likes this.
  26. hudson48

hudson48

I find that sometimes the page opening is very slow. I would also like to see the feature restored where you can look at a complete thread instead of having to click onto the next page and next page and next page!!!

27. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Seriously man? Chet Herbert's "Beast?" It was numbered 666 as a play on the car's name... As it was "devilish" and a beast to handle.

28. AndersF

AndersF

What i really like with this forum is the extra care from the moderators too keep it a nice place to be.
    And its alot of god things to read about here every day,
    I think that the update went suprisingly well to be that massive.
    And it have been alot of work without complains to sort the bugs out.
    Thats why i put in my tiny contribution and become a alliance member.
    /Anders

Model T1 likes this.
  29. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just an FYI...every carbon based life form has 6 protons, 6 neutrons and 6 electrons in it's make up. Those who translated that devil BS got it wrong. However, "embracing" Herbert's beast is as on topic as it gets. "The Beast" wasn't the only car running that number. There's a few more in our hoodlum past.

Ryan, you're doing just fine. Some things here are almost too fast. A simple pass over some features opens em up with lightning speed whether I want it or not. I still search the old way and it works for the most part but sometimes it goes to (I think) advanced search as I try to bang in what I'm looking for. I haven't tried posting pics in a while but if I do I'm pretty sure I can figure it out.

Uptown83 likes this.