Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features New "Shop" Truck...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

[​IMG]

Thanks to a HAMBer (Justin B), I came home from LARS with the '64 above... I had been looking for a while and this one just kind of struck me. I've driven it quite a few miles now and I think no less of Justin afterwards - how about that? Just a great guy to deal with all the way around.

Anyway, I got a few things to do... Like getting rid of the Autometer gauges, etc... And I'd like to find 15" wheels (E-T wheels, I *think) for the front (to match the back), but for the most part this is gonna be a daily driver/farm truck.

2. Looks cool! I work on a few long beds. I always thought the proportions on the short were perfect.

Maybe a bumper change too?

3. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Yeah, probably so... Although, the current isn't quite as "slabby" as it looks in the pic above.

4. alakerzam

alakerzam
    from california

I saw you twice this weekend. The first time you and Steve Coonan were in his roadster. The second, you were both in this truck. What exactly are you two up to? :)

5. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

Very cool Ryan , my 14yr old daughter kept pointing & liking all the same model truck at LARS on Sunday, your new hack is the bollocks.

6. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Planning a poser-off... My shop truck is the poser push-truck to his poser dragster. Together, we can't be stopped.

Good seeing you from a distance! And thanks man!

7. It doesn't look bad...It just doesn't look "right"

I wouldn't make changing it a huge priority. but those autometers....got to go.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  8. t_wood_08

t_wood_08

Cool looking shop truck! Congrats!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

9. Dig it. I've got a little soft spot for those Fords. I've got a uni junker that I hope looks somethin' like that some day.

10. Acme Speed Shop

Acme Speed Shop
    from so cal

I almost bought the 57 Ford 1/2 ton with the cool utility bed over on first street in Austin when I was at the Roundup. These never really were on my "cool" radar until recently. Funny how once you start to like a particular model you start noticing them everywhere. I dig your truck Ryan.

11. Crookshanks

Crookshanks

Congrats! I love my '64. Correct front bumpers are easy to find, but don't buy repro. Ford used 'em up thriugh the early 70s.

12. FlynBrian

FlynBrian

Thats a Sharp Shop Truck! Agree Autometers have to go, maybe a correct factory painted bumper, the right color silver would go nice with your wheels.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

kelzweld likes this.
  13. JohnJoyo

JohnJoyo
    Alliance Vendor
    from Austin, TX

Congrats Ryan! I might have some wheels that would work on that truck. I'll dig through the shed soon.

14. Nice Truck........Congrats Ryan!

15. very cool!-needs to go a tad bit lower though

16. Phillips

Phillips
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sweet - sure wish I had my 65 shorty back. I like the ready to work stance.

17. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

Nice truck. I gave my pickup to my son in law and I miss it all the time. Seems like I am always needing to haul something.

18. missysdad1

missysdad1

1950 F100 1.jpg
    Good to see you finally found one, Ryan. Problem is, once you've had a vintage beater truck you'll never go back to cars. Just ask me how I know...

19. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

Very nice truck there sir. My grandfather had a long bed similar to that.It wasn't nearly as cool as this one though. I spent a lot of days as a kid pretending to drive it. I may have to start looking for one now.

20. Love those short Fords. Very cool.:)

21. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

I've had a few old trucks, and have loved them all. I recently thought it wise to send my '67 F100 down the road and get a modern truck since I can really only afford one daily vehicle for myself. I got a "modern" truck, one made less than a decade ago. And for the most part, I love it. It's got crank up windows and a rubber floor, and it's a very capable truck. But I miss my '60 Int'l...and my F100.

Someday, when circumstances are different, I'd love a Uni, or maybe a 57-60 F100, or a 48-50 F1, or...

22. Meyer

Meyer

Talk about high risk on Justin's part.... selling a vehicle to the guy who runs the HAMB.... don't wanna screw that up!

Landmule likes this.
  23. can't go wrong with that one, nice as it is.

24. I have had a '65 Ford short bed for over 40 years,it's in the barn now but it's gonna be my next project and will return to daily drive status again in the future.

I have always loved these trucks. HRP

25. Mike

Mike

Good looking truck, good on ya. Justin is a good guy.

My wife and I saw you hauling that machine home on Interstate 10 somewhere between Pamona and Phoenix (maybe somewhere near the zombie infested Desert Center). I can't remember if we passed you or you passed us. Your truck definately caught my attention. We were in my black Deuce Tudor, white roof insert, full fendered with American five spokes and slicks.

26. Last edited: Jun 18, 2014
  27. inkstain27

inkstain27

Saw this on the instagram, I'm jealous. cool truck

28. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

29. jchav62

jchav62

My favorite style of Ford trucks. Congrats!

30. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Nice choice, Ryan. If I didn't have my daily '55 F100 (and my '50 F1) I'd be on a serious hunt for a mid-'60s shorty!
    Good solid stock there, on a sturdy foundation. And you can use it daily!