Register now to get rid of these ads!

Goodbye to my home in America!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kuztomklaus, Jan 6, 2006.

1. InDaShop

InDaShop
    from Houston

Klaus sorry to see ya go. The US is were its at, our big ego and all!
    Can't blame ya too much though for leaving. When was the last time Sweden had to worry about terrorist, or uninsured immigrant nondrivers????

2. NorwegianV8

NorwegianV8
    from Sem City

Hi Klaus

nice to get your car back in the "system" where it belongs :D
    guess it's back to hillclimbing in Sweden

Attached Files:

3. Hey! Thanks everyone for the nice words it's a little overwhelming that we made such an impact on so many folks. But maybe I should have said that we're moving back to Sweden, because for Cindy and me ... it's home. America is awesome and we do love it, but the life in Europe is definitely easier to live. There's no rat race, just alot of leisurely pace race which seems to suit us better. The insurance (health and car) is way too expensive for nothing better and that was a deciding factor. But the long and short of it is that we gave it a shot and decided, a little sooner than planned, that we belong in Sweden. We'll be back for some car shows, as we have 5 weeks vacation to burn up, plus holidays etc ... so you're not getting rid of us - we're just saying "hej då" for now. Every body is invited to A Bombers Old Style Weekend #11 ... first weekend of August. If you're gonna make a trip across the pond ... let us know and you'll be welcome with us!

Larry ... Jalopy Showdown 2 days? Friday, Saturday or Saturday, Sunday? We'll be in town for Heather & Steve's (Full Blown Cherry) wedding.

Keep shakin' the shack!

Klaus and Cindy

4. Splitster-Mark

Splitster-Mark

Hi Klaus

Sorry about America but glad to get you back, on this side of the pond ;-)

Maybe you dont remember me but i'm the big guy with the flatgrey bug with black and white checkers.

Hope to see you at some cruise or meet, in '06

Mark
    :cool:

5. 50flathead

50flathead
    from Iowa, USA

Best of luck to you with your decision. My Greatgrandfather come here from Europe and decided to stay. One of the really great things about being a free person in the free world is having the ability to live where you choose to. In a way I sometimes wish more people that don't want to be here would go somewhere else .;) :p

6. tred

tred

klaus and cindy,
    great to know you both! we had some fun, and i'll miss you guys. i haven't seen you in six months and it feels like years. best of luck to you both! enjoy your trip and being back in europe.

i'll see you before you leave.

tred.

7. Janne

Janne

Are you going to Sweden???

8. 00 MACK

00 MACK

Now I can talk about the car I striped in Europe. Good luck and Im glad I met you guys! I wish we had a chance to meet every custom nut from across the pond. Hey Frenz,Hows Florida sound!

9. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

Hey now, whats with all the NJ hating? I know it has a bad rap to it...but after being all over the country and all over the world, there is no place Id rather call home! There is something to be said for being 40 mins from our horses (Hunterdon County) in a decent suburb (Union County) and of course 15 minutes from midtown Manhattan!

10. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Klaus and Cindy, good luck on your move back home. It was cool talking with you guys at various shows, you gotta live where you're happy. Have fun tearing up Sweden with the 99 and I hope to see you guys sometime in the future.

11. repoman

repoman

So much Jersey bashing, maybe he should have tried one of the pussy states first?

Sorry to see you go, I hope it was a great experience while you were here. I understand that home can only be one place.

12. attitudor

attitudor
    from Finland

Haha, only for A-Bombers party... Across the pond I meant and leaving the U.S. but for us it had already been planned when we moved here... Good luck again Klaus!

13. LIMEY

LIMEY

Klaus good luck on the move, let us know if you plan on making it over for Hemsby again or the rave......we can wind Wicksy up! he would be glad to see you again.

Kev.

14. koolkemp

koolkemp

Hahahahahahaha how fucking true...maybe if he told them he was a terrorist??

15. Spike!

Spike!

I was hoping I wouldn't have to write this, but I guess you guys really are going. It was always great hanging out with you both at shows and even getting to the shows, following "Lady Luck", or watching it from the rear view mirror. Klaus, you've always been a friend to me, always there giving an encouraging word when I needed one. It's much appreciated. Cindy, you've been there, by his side as well. I will miss your hugs and your smile. I will miss Lady Luck as well, she's survived many miles over here.

I wish you both hapiness and success. If I ever find myself there, I'll be sure to find you!

Spike

16. Hold on dare Klaus! "Ya know a feller like you should go to North Dakota or Nothern Minnesota yah". Ya sure you betchya! Why don'tchya go rent the video called "Fargo". Why it would be cheaper to move there, You 'll feel right at home in the winter out in an icehouse doin some ice fish'in with a pole in one hand and a cold beer in the other. Heck, it should get plenty could enough for you up there. It's a great place - just wait until summer comes around - all six weeks of it.....(well if this does'nt get him to reconsider and stay..I tried):D Gary 4T950 Chevy Guy

17. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

Klaus,

Check out something more rural than NJ - get away from the NE US to lower your insurance & taxes AND slow down the pace of life a bit. Sounds like you'd prefer something a bit further west or south...

Good luck!

18. I could imagine that Hemsby wont be untill May '07, since we're going The Jalopy Showdown in May '06..
    We'd love to met up with all our friends from the old country again...
    Make sure that John is nice and liqoured up, or we might not reconize him :)

When is the Rave again??

I found this old pic from '98, when the big girl was still in Europe

See ya'll

Attached Files:

19. LIMEY

LIMEY

John drink too much.......no never :) hahaha

The Rave is 9th thru 13th march.......this is getting real big & i'm sad to say Hemsby has had its day, so it would be the better choice anyway!

I'll pass the message on to John!

Kev.

20. SuperFleye

SuperFleye
    Alliance Vendor

Sounds good, give me a call if ya ever cross the border of Norway. Hope to see ya soon

21. lowlow

lowlow
    from Sweden

So off topic, but.. Do you by any chance have more photos from the ckos parking that year? Maybe of a really wicked LOOW -53 chevy? I remember parking a few metres from your car that year, even talked with you for a while i think. Anyhow, welcome back. Will see you this summer i guess.

22. This one?
    Now in a new colour from A-Bombers '04...... I think it was cream and black in '98 right?

Attached Files:

23. lowlow

lowlow
    from Sweden

Right on! This was before the digital revolution ( at least for me) so i dont have any pics at all of the car, thats why i got a little upset.. I gave it to my brother, and the next i knew it was piss yellow..
    -So where are you going in sweden? North, south or mittemellan?

24. Gearhead-DK

Gearhead-DK

Woohoo..... I'm both glad and sad that you're moving back to our side of the pond. Sad that it wasn't all you expected an glad to have you back soon!
    I'm not gonna make it to OSW this year, but look forward to see you and Cindy at least come Bed Rock.
    Anyway you'll have to give us a ring when you return...... let's make plans for the summers meets ;-)
    Have a safe trip and give Cindy a hug from us both.

Thomas

25. My gram mother lives in pennsauken.Grew up in jersey.don't miss much of it .Good luck

26. Well I know I'll miss the CHEAP gas, Diners and the fact that it's possible to walk down the street and find a '50 Chevy 4-d sitting behind a barn and by it for $150,-

27. Kev Nemo

Kev Nemo

Look guys, he said he hated the health system and insurance scammers-he wasn't pissing on the Stars and Bars.
    Have fun in Sweden-looks like you guys know how to party:D

28. CheatersPete

CheatersPete

Hey Cindy&Klaus, See you at The OSW!!!! and welcome back to europe!

29. coupedevil

coupedevil

Klaus and Cindy,
    You two are so great together and no matter where you call home I know you'll be smiling!!!! It was great meeting the two of you and we'll always remember the fun we shared. You are good people.
    Take care and see you both in May.
    Love
    Mr and Mrs. Kyle