Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Dallas, TX area nostalgia car clubs?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Classic Rocks, Jun 14, 2014.

1. Classic Rocks

Classic Rocks

Can anyone put me in touch with a local car club in the Dallas area? Looking to get into nostalgia drag racing. I am a former member of Lone Star Jeep Club so looking for the comradery of a "club" environment at this time.

2. Bean Dip

Bean Dip
    BANNED

Believe it or not, the nostalgia drag racing clubs are basically non-existent in our area. Think about racing at Day of the Drags in Denton sometime around October. Texas Thaw is another good one, but it it's earlier in the year. I think you would enjoy that and it would give you a chance to meet plenty of DFW guys with race cars. My car is "in progress" but if I see you at the track I'll swing by and say howdy.

3. Hot Rod Cowboy

Hot Rod Cowboy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Not a club and you've missed it this year, but the Texas Nostalgia Nationals is held in Grand Prairie in May and is always a good time.

4. racer32

racer32

DoTD isn't in Denton. It's at Little River Dragway outside Temple. That's the only HAMB-type nostalgia event left this year...Oct. 10-11. Kontinentals do that one.

The Texas Thaw is in Denton...usually late February/early March. Put on by the Torques CC.

As mentioned, Danny and Rusty Burford, Jon Chandler, and a few other guys have the Texas Nostalgia Nationals at Yello Belly in Grand Prairie. That one was a few weeks back.

There are other specialty "nostalgia" events locally throughout the year at tracks in this area. Gassers, Fuel Altereds,etc.

If you do facebook, lmk and I'll hook you up.

EDIT: Forgot about the run whatcha brung "races" at the airport up here in Grayson County. That one happens at the beginning of the KKOA show in Denison. That'll be sometime close to Halloween.

5. missysdad1

missysdad1

And, for sheer fun there's no place like Texas Raceway in Kennedale, TX. "Test and Tune" on Wednesday evenings and brackets on Friday and/or Saturday - depending upon their schedule - all year 'round. It's where I go to practice for the vintage drags - sure paid off this year!

People can poo-poo bracket racing on an eighth-mile track as kid stuff, but I sure dig it! Look for my green '55 Buick or my rag-tag white '64 El Camino and be sure to come over and say howdy!

http://www.texasraceway.com/

6. Bean Dip

Bean Dip
    BANNED

LMAO! Thanks man I don't know why I said Denton..I know better than that.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!