Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Hot Rod Hundred TX / OK Edition

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hkestes, Jun 14, 2014.

1. hkestes

hkestes

Was a great day for the Hot Rod Hundred TX / OK Edition today. Had a good turn out and fairly good weather.

Thanks to Repo's Garage in Denton for allowing the Texas guys to gather at his shop prior to departing to Oklahoma.

Here is a link to my photos. I tried to get a shot of every car in attendance but I'm sure I missed at least a few.

http://tornadowarning.smugmug.com/C...29831_CqQgqv#!i=3316773511&k=nVDDQQ8&lb=1&s=A

Last edited: Jun 14, 2014
    loudbang and just Matt like this.
  2. Great pics Kirk! It was a good time, great weather.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. Thanks for posting the pictures!

4. 30modelacoupe

30modelacoupe

Great Pics!! Thanks for sharing.

5. Speedrome

Speedrome
    from Irving, TX

Dan,
    You guys did a great job! We had a fun time and got to see some OK friends.

Bart

Dan Hay likes this.
  6. butch27

butch27

7. I had a great time but I believe I collected every type of bug known to man on the front of the car...I'm looking forward to the next one!

Dan Hay and bchrismer like this.
  8. Great time. My wife and kids didn't think the car would make it. I had them eating crow and humble pie when we got home.

I can't wait till we do this again.

Dan Hay and bchrismer like this.
  9. Had a blast. My stake truck goes slow and steady, which made the trip home REALLY long. I think we were running between 55 and 60. Somehow, we stretched our ride into about a 9 hour ride home, rolling into Springfield a little after 2AM. Clay blasted out of here around 7, in the rain, and drove out of that near Lebanon, MO. Said he made it home 45 minutes ahead of the rain.

Knowing, now, that Clay's '37 can run nicely with the higher RPMs than my flathead will, next time he and I run together, I'll be driving the coupe! LOL

Dan Hay likes this.
  10. Thank you Reed, Aaron, Bret and Bart for the kind words. We had a blast.

I didn't come away unscathed though.. We went to a cruise night in Ardmore, then on the way back to the motel we went over a hard bump and the exhaust manifold broke! I used bailing wire to tie up the exhaust to the frame, then hit the road this morning. It was little loud but we made it home. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1402856857.201667.jpg

11. man that sucks, but at least your home!

12. man that sucks, but at least your home!

13. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Looks like a good time, I hated to have to miss it. Who got the hard luck award ??

14. Kevin Biggs' 32 roadster had a water pump pulley come apart. They were able to track one down at a salvage yard and he made it in.

15. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

Glad everything went well and that you had good weather. I really considered going but I just couldn't make it. Sam

16. Roothawg

Roothawg

Thanks to all that came out. We are exhausted but it was worth it.

17. I finally added my trip story to my website. http://streetrodder.net/2014/06/hot-rod-hundred-and-then-some-okc/

Dan and Chris did a great job putting together a fun event. After going back and calculating my miles logged, based on Google Maps, including the trip to Chris's house, and to the hardware store, and other places, I came up with 847 miles driven. The flatty doesn't go fast, but she's slow and steady! Clay told me that he was showing 1,255 miles traveled.

What an excellent adventure!

Here's a few images that I shared on the website.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Burning the midnight oil, changing the oil pan and gasket.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

hotskins likes this.
  18. Had a great time other than the fact that I didn't quite get my car going to make the trip in it...Although, that gave me the chance to ride in Clay's 37 sedan and Bret's 40 pickup. They both gave my kids rides too! I have several pics I need to load, but here is one of David Hay's 40 pickup from Iowa for now.

IMG_2570.JPG

19. Dchaz

Dchaz

We had a great time, even though we missed the last couple stops after Kevin's misshap. After a pulley was found, we headed on to the park ( to grab everyone's shirts and stuff) while Kevin, mike and Shane put it back together. We rolled in as they where calling everyone up for the awards and they finally rolled in as everyone was leaving. Can't wait to see what happens next year.
    Dan I didn't hear a exhaust leak when you past us Sunday coming home.

20. image.jpg Anyone know who owned the 58 Nomad out of Texas? That car got my wife wanting me to get my 58 Nomad going for her! Sounds like a good idea to me. :)

Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
  21. Roothawg

Roothawg

He is a guy from Them. I have his registration info at home. Nice guys.

22. Rusty Davis

23. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

24. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Dan, I fully planned on making the tour, but a good buddy needed me to help bring a 32 5-w from Connecticut to Wimberley.

25. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

The 58 Belongs to Rusty Davis, from Dallas.

26. gonmad

gonmad

58 nomads are lame Jeff .... Except that one that is!! LoL!
    I noticed that in some of the pics and was diggin it too!

Posted from the throne room using the Wicked kustom H.A.M.B. App!

27. image.jpg I just need to do a little work to this one and it can look more like that one...

28. gonmad

gonmad

What needs done man?!?! Looks almost like mine!! LoL!

Posted from the throne room using the Wicked kustom H.A.M.B. App!