Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Rally America--Jimmy and Gary-heard they had a fire

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by olscrounger, Jun 14, 2014.

1. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My friend Big Tom who works at SoCal in Sacto told me that they had a fire that did extensive damage to their shop. Great folks and great products. Wishing them the best-got all my wheels there for years. Hope it isn't so or if so not too much damage.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2014
  2. Just hoping it ain't so...
    Good people

HEMI32 likes this.
  3. It might be true :( ... RALLY AMERICA's address is 16320 Morgan Canyon Road, Prather, CA ... which is actually Highway 168 (near Vineyard Lane):

40-acre fire in Prather area shuts down Highway 168, threatens homes
    BY MARC BENJAMIN
    The Fresno Bee June 9, 2014

Update: Cal Fire said the Prather-area fire has grown to 40 acres with just 10% contained. One commercial building was destroyed and four people suffered minor injuries and were treated at the scene, according to firefighters.

Highway 168 in the Prather area has been closed to traffic while fire crews battle a brush fire that's growing, the California Highway Patrol reported.

Fresno County Sheriff's Lt. Rick Hill said deputies also are working with county fire officials to determine if evacuations are required.

Fire officials say the blaze started about 3:15 p.m. off Highway 168 between Vineyard and Gooseberry roads, west of Prather, and had charred about 20 acres by 4:20 p.m.

Fire is on both sides of Highway 168 and is threatening several structures, according to Cal Fire dispatchers.

Highway 168 has been closed from Millerton Road to the Prather area, according to the California Department of Transportation. Caltrans was diverting traffic to Auberry Road.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2014
  4. Last edited: Jun 14, 2014

5. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

That Sucks!

6. Muttley

Muttley

I heard Thursday night (secondhand information) that Jimmy lost everything but I cant confirm that. I really, really hope it isn't true, Jimmy & Gary are great people, no one deserves that especially them. :( :(

FlynBrian and HEMI32 like this.
  7. Man that is heart-breaking. Very sad news indeed. All the best to them, hope they were well insured.

8. FritzTownFord

FritzTownFord

Shit! Bad news for some good folks. Hope they're all okay.

9. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Damn! Their whole building! Wonder how that fire got started...
    Hope Jimmy and his Dad are O.K., Gary is a survivor by nature.

10. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That really sucks, it appears that it was a fast moving wild fire that burned around 40 acres.

11. Damn, that sucks. Jimmy has always been a stand-up guy. Without him making the custom steelies, the '35 wouldn't have the same look. Hope they are alright, and that they get back on their feet soon. Hopefully they will let us know if we can help them out.

12. Bazooka

Bazooka

Damn thats terrible did business with them several times in person. Good people. Hope they can recover quickly

13. Weasel

Weasel

That really sucks a big one. No matter how well insured they are it will take a long time to recover and get up and running again. I would think most of the tooling is lost. Can we get a HAMB fundraiser to help these guys out?

14. Terrible news, hope they can recover.

15. lonestar395

lonestar395
    from Australia

Bummer, that would break your heart, I have survived a workshop fire, but you never forget the smell of going back into the shop...
    I have dealt with these Guys...and Gal, truly great people. I am hoping you can rebuild, I am way ahead of the game now...took a lot of effort and help and support from some good friends to get it done though, was worth it...

16. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

That's really bad news... but there isn't much you can do when a wild fire heads your way except run. Hoping they can get back on their feet soon. Gary

17. oltruckag

oltruckag

Terrible news - it will be a challenge, but I hope they can get setup again. They offer a pretty unique service and knowledge and losing that would be tragic.

18. Damn that sucks, only bought from them once but they had great customer service.

19. Hopefully no one was injured,as devastating and heartbreaking as the loss of a business is I pray they had ample insurance and are able to get back on their feet as quick as possible. HRP

20. Thoughts go out to them.

21. weps

weps
    from auburn,IN

I have had numerous comments on the Wheels that they built for my Auburn. so sorry for their loss, hoping their business recovers!

22. pila38

pila38

Sad to hear, worse to deal with. Best of luck to you Jimmy and Gary, hope the rebuilding effort goes smoothly. I'll be waiting to buy my wheels from you.

23. Phillips

Phillips
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ugh, awful, hate to hear about this. Best wishes to you, hope you can get back up and going quickly.

24. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Wow, really sorry to here this. Did business with Jimmy several times, always a good experience.

25. I was saddened to hear this.
    Jimmy has always been helpful to me.
    We need these guys, they are great service for our love of cars.
    I hope that they will get back into the game.

26. A Boner

A Boner

Sad to hear.......good guys with great products. Hope they can recover soon.

.....Back to the top.....

27. Any news? Hopefully everyone is alright.

28. pila38

pila38

Bump for any news.

29. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

If they are properly insured, they should have business interruption, to set them up temporarily in another location. Tooling could be a problem...

30. 29AVEE8

29AVEE8

Bump.

Are these guys OK?