Register now to get rid of these ads!

(Australia) Kustom Nationals pix

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Nekronomicon, Jan 8, 2006.

1. I understand 3 of the six cars we shipped over there made it to the event ,the white over coral 57 chev 4dr w black primer spots, low milage blue 65 caddy 4dr and my white 65 Ford Galaxie 500 2dr hdtp,:D

2. Rudiments

Rudiments
    from Australia

Cool pics guys, thanks for posting ...

3. flatoz

flatoz

I havent down loaded my pictures yet, but here are a few a mate took while riding shotgun around the track on sunday. not sure if it has been mentioned or not this time around, but the track is the home of the Australian Motorcycle Grand Prix. And as you can see the track is right on the waters edge. great views.

this is rolling thru the crowd to get to the track.
    [​IMG]

this is down the straight from the start line and into the first curve.

[​IMG]

coming out of the first curve looking over bass straight, right down to antarctica.

[​IMG]

4. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Yes another great hot rod, custom and bike weekend. The weekend was made for me when Gruntis pulled up in front of where Pedro and I had our wears on display. Man I dropped everything when that ol black bobber roared in. Then Grant gets off says hi and in the next breath says it needs some Geoff Rea striping on it. Well, my response was 'fuckin oath it does' (sorry for the F word, I generally don't use it on line, but that is how I felt). The rest of the weekend needn't have happened for me after that, but it did and it was great! Always good to see fellow and talk to HAMBfolk in the flesh.

The Ol Black Bobber
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I generally put the year I stripe something beside my signature, but this time I put the year I was born.
    Beside the tail light I put Boozefighters EST 1946. Ironically I had just finished reading the book call the Wild Ones on the history of the Boozefighters!
    [​IMG]

Another neat bike that was at the event

[​IMG]

5. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Was wandering around and spotted this old guy striping. Wait a minute, that's no old guy it Carp's. Spotted this old guy that I have been nuturing. One day he may even be considered world class! Seriously the big fella and I have a bunch of fun when we are in each others company and the paint and words start flying. Here is a few shots of what he got done, between his announcer duties at the event!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Here is one of the trophies from the model display. This the one Carp's striped.
    [​IMG]

6. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Lines I did on the deck lid of a '60 Caddy
    [​IMG]

The trophy i did for the model display. A 3rd trophy was done by Kelly ( the queen of the airbrush) who is an amazing airbrush artist; we have been guiding Kelly into the pinstriping side of things and she is progressing very well
    [​IMG]
    The fire extinguisher I did for Claudio's deuce roadster
    [​IMG]

The deck lid of an EK Holden I did
    [​IMG]
    I had been saying to Judy that one day I will have to put some lines on the deck lid of her old timey roadtser. We I finally did, but it may be added to in the future. Judy's purple roadster was seen on the first page of this thread.
    [​IMG]

Caroline and Bret's little girl Isabella now has her very own 'whodaky' character to watch over her. This one has a black facade, but behind that facade lies a very colorful character.
    [​IMG]

That's it for tonight, I may add some more images tomorrow. Geoff aka whodaky

7. Aushotrods

Aushotrods

Great pics whodaky! Was good to catch up with you at the island. Thanks again for the package, i am sure the other band members will appriciate your work as much as I do.
    The model car display was pretty light this year, would of liked to see more people building stuff. Maybe next year!

8. Outback

Outback
    from NE Vic

I made it to the first one, and it was great, I havn't be able to make any since, looks like it is getting better and better!!

Great to see the pics!

nice work Whodaky!
    (& Carps ;) )

Outback

9. hey guys,

missed out this year, needed some chill out time. took the ride out for a latte or two (make mine a skinny-soy, extra shot) and generally tooled around. the event looks like its getting bigger and bigger and i'm guessing alot of the people who didnt make it this year will be trekking down for the next one. sure dont miss the sunburn though....

Danny

10. Stone

Stone

Nice. Thats white ford is killer

11. If it makes you feel better Psycho, I did'nt get there either, got roped into wrenching on a mates ride all weekend.

Prob just as well seeing as its not regd yet haha.

Nic epix and Whodaky, man u I gotta get you to lay some lines on the coupe someday, that is, if you want to lol.

Rat

12. lgh1157

lgh1157

Hey bro,

Is this a Galaxie ? maybe a fairlane ?

you got any more pics of it ?

L

[​IMG]

13. Ford XP Falcon coupe, roof was marble-ized and pearl or fine flake scalloped.
    Will look as I think I took a couple of shots...

14. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

This roadster is part owned by Hayden ( nobby) Nobelius. It's a good looking car, got talking to Nobby, I had a sit in it and it fit real nice. Almost makes me want to get stuck into my roadster.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I really like this yellow '34 also.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The merc that just came in from the US , as is. A really nice car, great striping also.
    [​IMG]

And lastly for my images. An early Falcon with a trick grille Geoff aka whodaky
    [​IMG]

15. Nekronomicon

Nekronomicon

This is all i have at the moment...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A good site for these cars is- http://xpfalcon.com/

16. Aushotrods

Aushotrods

Took a couple pics of the falcon.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The aussie version of the Falcon looks much better than the US version IMHO.

17. Not primer but house paint applied with a brush around 1858.

The car has an original non pressurised radiator and tends to overheat.

It's the real deal a genuine old hot rod returned to the outside world after almost 40 years stored in a dark shed in Shepparton

Drives great, just not yet up to doing long trips.

18. That's probably my fault, built a bunch of new stuff for the event and left it all at home. No time to go back for it as I was disorganised and running rather late after having been a bit crook during the week.

19. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

20. When I spoke with him he seemed to be having a great time. When he gets home, tell him the bloke with the microphone and camera said gudday.