Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

1939 Ford Deluxe Coupe 276ci Flathead

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by gkgeiger, Jun 8, 2014.

1. gkgeiger

gkgeiger

City: Akron

State: Ohio
    Price: 30,000
    After much consideration, I’ve decided to list my “39 Deluxe Coupe for sale. I bought the car about 3 years ago with the intention of just having a nice old driver. The car had some work done many years ago and the paint looks like it could be 25 years old. It has some touch up and some recent repaint but don’t let the pictures fool you. It’s a great 50 foot’r. There are some worn threw spots and some dull spots, but most people like the patina. I had no intentions of a repaint. There are a couple small dents in the left rear fender. The body was very solid, the floors have no holes. Anyway, back to the nice driver thought. It had a 59AB that was supposed to be good. Well it smoked bad and didn’t have much power. So, I pulled the engine and had it rebuilt. While I was at it I installed a new 4” crank and had it bored to 276ci. It has a Harmon Collins ¾ cam, a polished Slingshot intake and 2 new 97’s furnished by Max. I put a set of Red’s headers and dual Smithy’s on with stainless tips out the back. All of the electrics are new or rebuilt, starter, generator, distributor and Ford script battery. The car is 6 volt and all the gauges work with the exception of the temp. it has a mechanical temp gauge under the dash. I have never seen the temp above 180. It has a new clutch and the flywheel was resurfaced. All new motor mounts. I disassembled the trans. and put new gaskets and seals in. The brakes are rebuilt with new cylinders (master included) and shoes. I put a new Bendix style brake assy. on the front for better stopping power. The drums all cleaned up under .060. I installed a 4” dropped Sid’s axle with a Posies Super Slider front spring. The car has all new tube shocks and a new tie rod and drag link. It also has a new Drake gas tank with an inline electric fuel pump as a backup. The glass is all acceptable with new rear windows. The interior is very usable with no rips or tears. The chrome and stainless is OK. The hood and deck lid stay up when opened, that wasn’t the case when I got it. The stock ’39 wheels are powder coated and trim rings were added. The car has 5.50X16 fronts and 7.00X16 rears. The tires are Coker Classic Radials. As you can see I did a lot with over $10k spent on parts alone. The car runs and drives great. I have many more pictures and If you have any questions start with a PM. I really want this car to stay in the U.S. I’ve sent too many cars to other countries.

[​IMG]

This is the car when I brought it home.
    [​IMG]

Today
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
  2. gkgeiger

gkgeiger

Bump for additional pics.

Nomadness and [email protected] like this.
  3. gkgeiger

gkgeiger

[​IMG]Sorry, but not interested in a trade, and price is not very negotiable. Thanks for looking.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2014
  4. gkgeiger

gkgeiger

Forget that "not very negotiable" make me a reasonable offer, but please don't ask for my lowest price. Thanks,

5. gkgeiger

gkgeiger

Sold

Last edited: Jun 26, 2014