Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Get a Rodder’s Journal for $5

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TRJ, Jun 3, 2014.

1. ausbuick

ausbuick

How good is this!!!!!
    Cheers

Check out my 49 Buick sedanette build

2. GREAT magazine Steve, I have all 63.........thanks.

3. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

got mine today, looks like the $5.00 barely covered postage. I've missed a few issues since Barnes and Nobles closed, going to go back and get them as well.

4. Great magazine! i already have a sub but highly recomend it to those who don't!

5. chevy54man

chevy54man
    from NC

Got it ordered, thanks so much! A great deal!

6. just received two great issues, #47 & #63. what a deal thanks. time to subscribe.

7. TerrytheK

TerrytheK
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

In the first post:
    So as I read it, this special deal applies to folks like you as well. Pretty cool. Besides, it's not really a "freebie"; they do ask ya for a credit card number.... :D

8. Inked Monkey

Inked Monkey

I received mine yesterday and wow! This magazine is awesome and I'm going to subscribe. Thanks

Peanut 1959 likes this.
  9. 80WTI

80WTI

It's still coming up as $15 for international orders but still a great price for a great read, thanks TRJ and the HAMB for a great deal and including the overseas crowd.

10. TRJ

TRJ
    Alliance Vendor

We are really pleased with the response to our HAMB offer both in terms of the number of you that have ordered a sample copy and all of the positive comments. It is what we were hoping for when we started this. A couple of people have asked about getting multiple copies. The offer is limited to one copy per person. A few people got two copies when a computer glitch caused their card to be charged the wrong amount during the first hour of this promotion.
    I appreciate the thought when Bib Overalls posted that he didn't feel right taking advantage of the "freebie" since he is a long-time subscriber. We discussed this when we came up with this deal. The idea is to get new people to hold a copy of TRJ in their hands and hopefully gain a few subscribers in the process. But, I have never limited any offer we have made to new customers. In this type of business it just doesn't make sense to offer something to new people and exclude the people who already send you money. This is why we have left this open to all HAMBers, whether they currently get the magazine or not. And like TerrytheK points out, it ain't exactly free, we still ask for your credit card number.
    Thanks,
    Steve Coonan

gonzo likes this.
  11. pila38

pila38

Got my copy today. I've never had a nicer, higher quality magazine in my hand. I'll be subscribing in the near future.

12. are you guys going to be at the lars in Pomona this weekend?

13. TRJ

TRJ
    Alliance Vendor

Yes we will be at the Roadster Show, but the $5 HAMB promo won't be available at the show. We can't bring enough inventory with us to handle what we think the demand would be and it would be very difficult to limit it to HAMBers at the event. The HAMB sample offer will be available by phone and on our website through the end of the weekend. We will have our two-for-one subscription offer available at the show. We would like to invite everyone to stop by and say hi at the show. Our booth will be in building 4. The 50th L.A. Roadsters Show is going to be something pretty special.

14. Nice offer, guys. Much appreciated.

15. OneWrench

OneWrench

Just ordered one, thanks

16. Just completed on iPhone in about five minutes. I have see TRJ never purchased so this is proof HAMB-vertising really works.
    Thanks for the taster

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

17. Just got mine in the mail yesterday. Always find something in every issue that makes you say "damn, that's cool". Top notch writing and photography...plus it's the only magazine that you can read near an open window without the breeze turning the pages for you! Thanks again to TRJ for keeping the print flame lit. Hopefully casting a little bread upon the waters with this promotion will reap rewards for you.

18. M1Lover

M1Lover

Worked fine (sorta) this morning. Couldn't decide if it wanted to charge .45 cents got tax but in the end hit f me for five even. Looking forward to it! Thanks. H

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

19. impala4speed

impala4speed

Just placed my order. Can't wait to get it. Thanks very much for this great deal.

20. joe buck

joe buck

Just like Christmas

21. summersshow

summersshow
    from NC

Just ordered one... Never seen this magazine before.... Well I have but I thought it was a book, not a magazine... I didnt see where to select which issue so I guess it will a surprise... Im excited to see what comes...

22. summersshow

summersshow
    from NC

Ummm..... Oops.... I did it again.... Guys feel free to cancel my first order... I was looking through to see how to ask for a certain issue... I found it but didnt think the order would go through and was gonna send an email... I dont mind paying for another issue, Just dont wanna shit you... I really wanna see more about that 60 olds on issue 19.... lol

23. BOBCRMAN

BOBCRMAN
    from Holly

Been trying for a week now to get the site to work on this computer. Goes to a blank page on checkout...

24. Curt Six

Curt Six

BOBCRMAN - I wanted to respond to this because Steve is on the road in L.A., getting ready for the L.A. Roadsters Show. I'm not sure why you're having difficulty with our checkout page, but if you give us a call toll free at (800) 750-9550 we can get your order taken care of over the phone.
    Thanks for the interest!
    Curt

25. BOBCRMAN

BOBCRMAN
    from Holly

Thank you Curt, I ordered one back issue and a year subscription.. Again, thanks... BOB

26. summersshow

summersshow
    from NC

Where do you do a subscription at? I looked but was unable to find it.

27. Curt Six

Curt Six

Summersshow - if you go to our website there is a button in the upper right corner that says "Subscribe." Here is a link:

http://www.roddersjournal.com/shop/subscriptions/

We really do appreciate the great response and feedback that's been posted here, and we're glad to hear you guys like what you see enough to subscribe.
    Curt

28. Received my copy yesterday, all I can say is Holy Crap! Is that how you mail out your magazine all the time? You really, really pissed off my letter carrier, they couldn't figure out how to fuck up my magazine with the excellent packaging. A very high class operation, this looks more like a coffee table book than a magazine. Very impressed, thank you!!-MIKE:p

29. 5window

5window

just finished reading my gift issue-#20. Just as great as all the ones I have gotten recently. My only regret is that I didn't start with issue #1, but I hope to still be around to get issue #101.Thanks.

30. Been several years since I had a sub. I have re-upped in light of the current state of magazines. I hope to see TRJ around for another 20!