Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Anyone know this 41 Willys?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Steves32, Jun 9, 2014.

1. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

Know who this belonged to or any history on it?
    The story on my car was it was a racer in the 70's & got upside down. Sold body & frame to a guy in Texas who had an Asian guy chop it to fix the roof. Changed hands a few times & a guy in California bought the body & frame- and started the build. I bought the car from that guy.
    That's all I know.

I've been contacted on FB from 3 unrelated people who confirm the story & think this is the car in it's glory days & sent this pic.

Could be true, could be BS.
    Anyone know this car? Anyone knows where it is or who owned it? Know any history?

Small pic but it's all I got.
    [​IMG]

2. 1934coupe

1934coupe

Looks to me like a modern picture to me, a Summit banner in the background and I've never seen a Willys leave the line like that in the 70's. I think thats a picture from Thompson Raceway Park at a gasser meet.

Pat

3. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

Your eyes are better than mine. All I can see is the Thompson Raceway sign.
    Oh well- probably too good to be true.

4. The picture looks no different than the pictures I took on Saturday at Thompson Raceway park. Gasser wars was a great show. Many Willys racing at that event.

5. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

My car history goes back about 14 years that I know of. If this pic is true- perhaps it's a more recent pic of the car that raced in the 70's & then crashed after that picture. Yea- I'm grasping at straws & have the fingers & toes crossed.
    I have no timeline on events, just hunting for history.
    Better question- who's car is that & is it racing now? If it is, end of story. :)

6. elgringo71

elgringo71

That Willys belongs to Tim Timoszyk from Michigan. It is featured in Hot Rod Deluxe in July of 08. It says its a 42 coupe that has had the roof replaced. I think the owner might be on the hamb.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2014
  7. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

8. That photo is from the "GASSER REUNION" at Thompson, Ohio that's the first weekend in June every year since 2002. I can't remember the persons name who owns it but it hasn't been there for the past few years. That photo is within the last 6 or 7 years though.