Register now to get rid of these ads!

51 styleline wanting the grapevine look

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by SHOEBOXJOE, Jun 7, 2014.

1. SHOEBOXJOE

SHOEBOXJOE
    from LxBxC, CA

Good day gentlemen.

It's been a very long time since I have posted. I have been working on my 51' for a lil bit so hence why I have been silent. History of her. Purchased from Sean Young "Continentals" Austin. TX. Thnx Sean and Hammett and of course John Paul Oates in LB.

So I have C-notched her backside and and dropped her front "hard stance" about almost 3 coils cut giving almost 3.75" drop. Of course total A-arm rebuild, cups cut to accommodate A's. Now IMO I think it's to much on OG springs after settle. I have purchased stock coils with a 2" drop. I'm praying she picks up at least an inch in the front. I would love a lil' feed back and our suggestions or flaming if I'm off here. Please keep in mind not a rich man so I can only fix or correct one thing at a time.
    Attached some pics for those who remember me. Hello again, plus a plaque from my beloved club in Long Beach I was once a member of.

Look forward to reading your responses.

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1402185545.775241.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1402185577.560058.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1402185619.563379.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1402185681.469258.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1402185748.058025.jpg

Shoeboxjoe
    Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Last edited: Jun 7, 2014
    straykatkustoms likes this.
  2. wow that thing is loooooowww! If it was mine I'd hafta lift the whole thing up a fair bit just for drivability reasons (our roads over here are terrible, almost need 4x4 suspension just to keep from bottoming out on the potholes:rolleyes:) looks good tho. good job.

3. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

Your car looks GREAT, but too low to be driven happily! Gary

4. SHOEBOXJOE

SHOEBOXJOE
    from LxBxC, CA

Ya her fronts to low for sure. She is all the way set on the ground she doesn't drive that low. But she does run low n slow. I four linked her rump so she's super stable. Ya the roads here suck arse. Anyways picking her front up so I can still have the low look but not loos her drivability. Rhnx guys for the comments.

Shoeboxjoe

5. chevy54man

chevy54man
    from NC

She is low and sweet, I like it!

6. Jay71

Jay71

Nice car. I'm a little confused. Is the rear on bags? I dig the front height, but I bet you'll get that extra inch with those new coils.

7. SHOEBOXJOE

SHOEBOXJOE
    from LxBxC, CA

Yes rear bagged only. I'm hopping to get some height in front.

Shoeboxjoe

8. missysdad1

missysdad1

Much as I dislike bags, there's only one solution to your dilemma: bags. Raising the car in front with taller springs will ruin the perfect stance it's got right now and will make it awkward looking. Bags will allow you to set the front height at whatever looks best when you're parked...and whatever drives the best when you're in motion.

Static lowering is fine for moderately lowered cars, but heavily lowered cars like yours need more than static lowering can provide - especially here in Texas. Save your pennies until you can afford bags and do it right.

9. nice car. is that a 54 chev bumper?

10. SHOEBOXJOE

SHOEBOXJOE
    from LxBxC, CA

@Borracho. Yes it is. Good eye

Shoeboxjoe

11. el_bole

el_bole

Sweet ride, love 'em low...

12. Nice. i dig it
    Was thinkin of doing 55 rear on mine
    Is the front 54 as well? or just welded lic. frame to stock?

13. SHOEBOXJOE

SHOEBOXJOE
    from LxBxC, CA

@Borracho

Welded OG 3 piece. Horrible welds on both. No braze. Brought her home like that but California is super duper expensive to chrome up. So I'm saving pennies.

Shoeboxjoe

14. SHOEBOXJOE

SHOEBOXJOE
    from LxBxC, CA

Okay so to all that have been following my post. Yesterday I did it I put in the new 2" dropped coils and it picked her up like I was praying. So here's a pic from yesterday. Let me guys what ya think. She rides like a caddy now. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1403461451.304772.jpg of course the rear is dumped on air bags.

Shoeboxjoe

15. POLYFRIED 35

POLYFRIED 35

16. Too low?? .....looks over drivability!