Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage L A R S

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BURN OUT BOB, Jun 7, 2014.

1. Got the premium unleaded petrol & the go-fast oil change. Cannot wait till tuesday O' dark thirty to roll around to head out from Oregun. Hope to make Bishop Cal by nightfall. Yeah Baby!! DSCN4235.JPG

2. Have fun Bob. Don't tag another coon.

3. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

We are leaving NorCal. Thursday morning. Hope to see you there. Hope to get the same parks.
    Gary
    SANY0002.jpg

4. Gary the same parking space would be nice but I doubt that is going to happen. Hope to see you there also. Be heading back up to Willits for the first stop on the way back up the coast. Someone should set up a meeting area & time since there has been no message from Bad Bob on the HA M B BBQ. Going to spend a lot of time in the swap area hunting down 34 parts for my roadster.

5. Bad Bob will still be at the swap parking....look for his Merc or truck.....

6. TimW

TimW
    from Kentucky

My Mom and Dad just rolled in to Tulsa Ok. a couple of hours ago, wish I could have made the trip with em. They're driving pops 34 that he's had 30+ years. Wish everyone out there a good safe trip. P6090008.JPG

kiwi1967 likes this.
  7. wkends

wkends
    from Kentucky

Louisville to Tulsa, Good ride for day 1. The "grey dog" is looking good!!

8. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

We'll be coming back Sunday up 101. One of our guys lives in Buelton and we'll be staying Sunday night there.

9. The37Kid

The37Kid

This will be our first LARS, sure hope to meet Bad Bob in person. Bob

10. If all goes as planned I will be in m coupe which is my avatar.

11. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Burn Out Bob - should get a good space if there a few days early

12. I'll P.M. you his number and my number and you'll get to the Bad Bob "camp"....

Last edited: Jun 8, 2014
  13. The37Kid

The37Kid

Our daughter won a GoPro at work today, so we'll film as much of the event as we can. Bob

14. Drive safe Bob. Hope you've got your bullshit guard fitted.

15. I should be in town by wed evening but I'm not selling in the swap & not standing in line for NO parking space. I'll just take what is given or available. Last time I stood in line was for chow in1954.heh heh he
    Hope to catch up with some of you before the show is over.
    Be on the lookout for me!!! heh heh he
    Bad Bob if you read this I bringing the wrist band you autographed . heh heh he

Attached Files:

16. Maybe we'll get to say Hi!

17. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe

I wish you luck Ron, but last time I heard they only allow Shiney paint on "Finished" roadsters. Even made Tex Smith get a paint job on his "Dollar a pound" Roadster one year before they'd let it in. And that was after THEY invited him. Tex did save the hood with all those signatures at least. I hope they have mellowed but I doubt it. Hopefully you'll find a spot somewhere nearby the event. Been a while since I've been down there.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2014
  18. Joe, the finished, painted rule only applies to roadsters displayed in the roadster area.
    The other cars , coupes etc. can be finished, unfinished, or any state in between and park in their own area.

Mick

Hot Rod Ron likes this.
  19. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe

Roger took my old deuce down there after he finished it. Seems everyone wants that little sticker on their headlight. LOL BTW this deuce is for sale, let me know if you're interested and I'll put you in touch with Roger.
    OldYeller.jpg

20. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe

Guess they have mellowed. Glad to hear it.

21. Lurker Mike has it right. Just look in the prefered parking area or swap meet that is where cars like mine will be parked.

22. Ron, that's where I'll be, looking at cars like yours. The roadster area is great but you kinda overload after the first hundred or so. I prefer the preferred parking area myself.

Mick

23. TimW

TimW
    from Kentucky

I saw this pic on the web of a group on their way (somewhere in Colorado), check out the wall of snow! Dad met up with a bunch of friends from Ohio in Tulsa last nite, they left out in the rain this morning. 10360339_744124868943733_6151608729100513438_n.jpg r3talJLYY1_6SMCSdBd5s9Sg_mnMp7HHr041Q-p9pkY.jpg

24. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

25. I hope to run into you and that car of yours.