Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects What might have been!!! Hopped up 26 T Coupe

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by panthershaun, Feb 2, 2014.

1. panthershaun

panthershaun
    from Kent UK

here is my running gear as she was at last years Hayride... the body is now in Germany... I'm the hairy chappie in the back :cool:

[​IMG]

the bearded hairy chappie as opposed to the demented hairy beardless teacher......

Dannerr likes this.
  2. That is one cool ride. HRP

3. panthershaun

panthershaun
    from Kent UK

Hi Folk's, well it's been awhile since I last posted on here.. been to a dark place for a bit, something that happens every now and again since losing the wife :( the Coupe body finally arrived from Kansas about 2 weeks ago which means it is too late for me to use it on this build at this time as I will be racing the car in Pendine in just over 2 and a half weeks !!!!! so me and a very good mate have bodged together a 23T tourer front body and a 23 Turtle deck to make a little GOW job roadster... not pretty but at least I will be able to run at Pendine...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and here is the Coupe body just after I picked it up :)
    [​IMG]

4. T__N__A

T__N__A

Cool roadster! That is the "biggest" model T coupe I have ever seen''

Good luck at Pendine.

-Mike

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

panthershaun likes this.
  5. Man,I was unaware you had lost your wife,my condolences to you.

I am glad you are back on board with your build. HRP

6. Sorry to hear about your wife. Great project!

7. DERPR30

DERPR30
    from HARVEY LA

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR PROJECT I HOPE YOU GET TO ENJOY YOUR RIDE AS MUCH AS I DO MINE

8. panthershaun

panthershaun
    from Kent UK

thanks guy's, been a roller coaster ride, still getting hit back now and again..... good to be back, hope it last this time :)

sko_ford likes this.
  9. hotrod.heaven

hotrod.heaven

build it the way you feel it should be in your bones that's true traditional hot rodding, have fun. I built my last tall t in 1999.

10. panthershaun

panthershaun
    from Kent UK

so folks, haven't been on here much of late.... Spare coupe body got moved on, have now run the old TnA @ Pendine 2 years on the trot and have just been enjoying the hell out of it, the complete 26 T Coupe is still sitting in the barn awaiting its turn but time is a little short at the moment... early 2014 I met a young lass at work and we hit it off... fast forward a year or so and we are living together with an 8 month old baby girl who is taking up most of my garage time...... still fighting the loss of my wife which hit's like a hammer every now and again and I have come to terms with the fact I will probably never fully accept or get over her death no matter how busy or full I make my life... guess that is just part of lifes journey eh!!! plans for the future include a T Woodie on a running gear.. got a 26 T Fordor cowl on it's way from Kansas and a mate is going to build the body for me... we had planned to drop it onto the rust bucket's (TnA) running gear but I'm not sure I can blow that apart just yet as I love having fun in it BUT I do need a 4 seater for full family fun so we shall see... I will try and pop into here more often but it is rare for me to be on a computer much now......

11. What a roller coaster ride! I love the little roadster. I found your thread looking for ideas for engine mounts for an A motor in a T chassis as you started out. I don't suppose you have any clearer pics of what your T chassis utilizes do you?

12. panthershaun

panthershaun
    from Kent UK

Sorry Cactus I havent been on here for an age.. life just gets in the way!!! I can photograph the cut down A gearbox mounts next time I'm at the storage shed for you.. I'm afraid the front engine mount has long gone!!!

13. panthershaun

panthershaun
    from Kent UK

Well guy's i'm still alive and still plodding away with my projects very very slowly.. amazing how much time a 2yr old takes off you :eek: I'm still running the roadster and I'm about to head for Pendine with her for the 4th time in just over a week... My complete 26 coupe is still patiently waiting for me to do something!! slowly coming to the idea of swapping the bodies over and running the coupe body on the A running gear and fitting the French flattie V8 I have and finally building my "lakes" coupe and running the roadster body on the T running gear in the style of Claytons 26...
    Woodie will have to go on hold for awhile due to lack of folding......

Dannerr likes this.
  14. No worries man! I got mine figured out before anther project started taking precedence! Carry on!

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
    panthershaun likes this.