Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1961 Olds Super 88 *Now With Pics!*

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scotts52, Jun 6, 2014.

1. scotts52

scotts52

P6050104.JPG P6050104.JPG P6050102.JPG P6050101.JPG Picked me up another someday project. 61 Olds Super 88. Just couldn't help myself. The cosmic looks of the car are too cool. I've known about it for over 3 years and ran into the owner recently. The price and been dropped and I had to spring for it. Now to find a place in the barn while I wait for someday. She's rough but it's pretty much all there. Windshield is in the backseat.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 7, 2014
  2. oldrelics

oldrelics
    from Calgary

Awesome. I love em too, I have a super 88 sedan, AKA the family cruiser. Figure out the pics and lets see-um!
    Mine rides like a dream and very comfortable. They have a few quirks but all can be ironed out.

3. benchseat4speed

benchseat4speed
    from Golden, CO

Cosmic is a good way to describe 61 Oldsmobiles :cool: The styling on the back of those cars is bitchin. Is yours a 4-door sedan? Another one saved!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

4. scotts52

scotts52

I need help! When I first went to upload, it gave me the option of full size or thumbnail. I chose full size. It then tried to upload it and said file too large. Now I cannot go back to the thumbnail option.

oldrelics and Kevs, Mine is a coupe(2 door). However, It looks like I may be going back for the 4 door hardtop. I need a parts rig and I may have to use that. With that said, I'm gonna have a hard time cutting up a fairly complete car, even if it is a 4 door. The guy had this coupe, the 4 door htp and a 4 door 98 sedan. Nothing swaps on the 98 he said so If someone is needing a 98 let me know and I'll see what I can do to help you out.

5. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

I'm building a 2 door hardtop for a customer, did some how-to's here, like adapting 4 Link bushings to the rear control arms, making a tube grill, making a custom air filter. Got some old parts left, too (also have a newly plated stock grill!) like stock heater box/core, PS pump, PM me if you need anything.

6. scotts52

scotts52

Not sure why the one picture posted twice. Went to edit it and it's not showing up there.
    It's running the 394 Rocket

7. oldrelics

oldrelics
    from Calgary

Getting a parts car is wise.

8. loudbang

loudbang

Love these I rode to school in one for a year. The best part I was a kid of 15 and the driver was the hot nursing student from across the street from my parents. Sure brings back some good memories.

9. When first intoduced they were deemed ugly 'cept for the roof by most. Not so much now!

10. There's no such thing as an ugly bubbletop, and these surely do have that "Jetson's" vibe. Heavy mods and bright candy colors usta' be the norm for customized bubbletops, but today's revival of the "mild custom" dictates different. If it was mine I'd give it a low and level stance with chrome reversed OEM wheels and pinner whites, give it a mild dechrome, a single non-chromatic paint job like black, white or silver, and top it off with a lipstick red tuck 'n' roll interior. Yum.

11. robertsregal

robertsregal

very cool lines on that Olds !!!

12. belair

belair

I love bubble tops. Had a 61 Impala, but you can't go wrong with any make. Congrats.

13. scotts52

scotts52

I'm leaning towards playing up the "Jetsons" vibe. Some mild metal flake on the outside. Some metal flake looking blue on the seat inserts and door panels and white vinyl on the rest. Maybe even flake the steering wheel.

14. 600-Aurora1.jpg
    ...................YA THINK?